TRUTH ABOUT INTERMARRIAGE IN AMERICA —MUST SEE- PEW RESEARCH STUDY!!–

Check out this Pew Research Study the REAL FACTS on intermarriage in America. The facts. Only the facts. See how education, where we affects who we marry. See the trend of intermarriage since…

30 thoughts on “TRUTH ABOUT INTERMARRIAGE IN AMERICA —MUST SEE- PEW RESEARCH STUDY!!–

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Another IR couple consisting of a BW/WM just moved into our neighborhood and they are a very young couple. I have to say that in my zip code the homes can be pretty pricey. I saw the moving truck this morning and they bought the house down the street from me. I am going to go by to welcome them to the neighborhood tomorrow after church. Black Women Level up. So glad that many are starting to get the memo and are choosing character over color

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Hispanic is a broad term given it compose all Latin countries

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

My husband is white-we met online in November 2001 and married 2014. We are both previously married, now over 50 and I could not be happier. He takes care of his business and me very well and is very much the leader of our home, as he has earned that by behavior and income. Should he leave this earth before I do, there will not be another man, period. I am blessed and never looking back….all the more “kings” for those who want them, Im good…

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Question with these studies do this include Gays; I'm not Gay but I would like to know. Also a lot of BW need to know when BM marry outside there race it tend to lead into divorce, compared to BW marrying outside their race. Actually BW are 4 percent less likely to divorce a WM compared to the WM marrying a WW.

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

All I hear is bed wench bed wench bed wench but nothing about black men who marry out which is the highest percent.

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

These stats are not surprising to me. I remember reading stats from Pew Research about marriage and black women in general and it was an eye opener. It made me realize how much people really do dabble in myths and stereotypes. Black women marry more in their 30s while the marriage rate for white women decline in their 30s.

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Yes, Proximity, availability, and sociability play a huge part in who loves and dates/ marries whom, this is why when slavery was "outlawed" in the states years ago, the southern states enacted the Jim Crow law. This is why in many Northern states, in mixed neighborhoods ( in the sixties and seventies) where little black and white children (happily) played together ( many of their parents were very aware of this fact) by the time these little white children became pubescent, their parents (with darlings in hand, ) had moved to somewhere else and it was usually to the suburbs in an all-white neighborhood.

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

What surprises me is that you seem so surprised by that.  This is only new news for those who have not been paying attention.  Black men have always married out,  at least, twice as much as Black women.  In fact, it used to be 3 to 4 times as much.  The gap is closing.   Black men with money and education have been known to marry out more.  This was one of the reasons educated Black women are less likely to marry, especially if she's looking for a Black man.  Native Americans,  Hispanics and Asians have ALWAYS  intermarried at a higher rate than Blacks.  Blacks have been yelling so loud at Black IRR that you wouldn't know it, though.   These intermarriage pattern go back more than 20 years.   It's  odd that Blacks wouldn't know this.

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Thanks for taking the time to do good research. Great Chanel, excellent topics!

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

24 to 12 percent. So what are all these butt hurt black men talking about?

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Hey sis.. thanks for the facts & stats… Nerd heaven… good one… LOL She's funny & smart….

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

I deleted my Facebook just took break from social media but I might make one join your group. I love your videos and insight. What’s recent group link? The current group says closed. I remember watching a video on beyond black and white Facebook with you in it.

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Black Women better start being open to dating interracially or a lot of black women will never be married LOL

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Black American culture does not really promote and value marriage.

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

While I do believe that more African American women should open their dating options to include men of other races in the dating pool, I don't believe that interracial marriage is the answer to Black women's problems in society. Neither am I a Black love advocate either. There has to be a equilibrium where African American women are open to various options of men from ALL races and vet the men based on their character, compatibility and the ability to protect and provide. Keeping your options open to men of all races is the best way to go.

On average, African American men date and marry out at higher rates due to the fact that the Black Community being more lenient on the men dating and marrying non Black men. Societal stereotypes of hypermasculinity and having ''big dicks'' works in the favor of African American men in seeking mates outside of the Black Community. On the other hand, the Black Community discourages African American women from dating and marrying out due to being reminded of years of White men raping Black women and racial oppression. Society's portrayal of Black women being masculine, unattractive and aggressive tends to shy some non Black men away from considering African American women options as mates. Combined with African American women's unrequited loyalty to African American men, African American women intermarry less than African American men. But things are changing. Slowly, I am seeing more African American women opening up to the idea of interracial dating and marriage.

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

9mins in and I have a question. What classifies as hispanics since hispanic is not a technical race. Most hispanics are white.

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Love you, Connie! You and your receipts! Thanks for dealing in facts and statistics! We're in the era of "fake news" where people are choosing to not only ignore stats and research but they say that it's fake and untrue! Pew research studies are about as solid as you can get but in this Trump era, use of stats and facts is a dying skill.

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Yet Asian men do not trash Asian women, and give them names like "bedwenches"

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Yeah, and you have people like that T. Nasheed character telling black women not to date non-black men, while telling black men to have at it. Bad part is, the BW that follow him fall for it.

• October 3, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Excellence as usual Connie! If Black women struggle to finish college and not opening their options, they are doing themselves the highest disservice. I wish this info was out years ago. Black women have been bamboozled with the race loyalty game.