Remembering Martin Luther King Jr.’s Famed ‘I Have a Dream’ Speech

On Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, we remember the civil rights leader’s most famous speech, and King’s remarkable legacy. He was born on January 15, 1929 …

15 thoughts on “Remembering Martin Luther King Jr.’s Famed ‘I Have a Dream’ Speech

• February 24, 2019 at 2:57 pm

I’m doing a project on how MLK was the greatest American ever

• February 24, 2019 at 2:57 pm

Lets have a moment of silence, " * Equal rights is possible because of this great. You did not deserve to be assassinated WE HAVE A DREAM.

• February 24, 2019 at 2:57 pm

Everyday I pray for a leader like MLK to step forward and lead this nation. I can only imagine what could have been and realize today, what is…A cold and divided country. A divided world. In my time it seem as though things were coming together with MLK alive and then all of a sudden on April 4, 1968. The dream…inside of me lived a soul with a dream, to be more than just another human being. Inside of me live despair. As I watch my soul departure. The dream is dead inside of me. It became very hard to move on and carry on after April 4, for me hope died that day. All hope of a United America and a United World headed toward peace and prosperity. Unfortunately this would be reserved for those who were wicked and evil enough to take it. Instead of the dreams of tomorrow. What was left was the decay of yesterday. I pray to God, Obama would be that guy, but even he could not turn the tide of hatred and bigotry. So I implore YOU on a smaller scale help one another. Love our brothers. Don’t allow THEM to kill the dream inside of you. I was 10 years old when MLK was assassinated and since then. Everything I dreamed of for myself died that day. Hope last gleaming died that day.

• February 24, 2019 at 2:57 pm

And then came the U.S. government and killed him. He was too big.

• February 24, 2019 at 2:57 pm

I still have this dream
    If you're a racicist in 2019 I'm so sorry for you love what you have be kind respect other's and keep MLK in our HISTORY book's there's more than inuff sunshine to go around on this planet Viva humanity

• February 24, 2019 at 2:57 pm

Legend has it that he never dreamed again