Ursula Burns is the FIRST black woman to have run a Fortune 500 company. “For women and women of color, if you walk into a STEM environment, you will be the minority in the room. Everybody…

29 thoughts on “Ursula Burns On Distinguishing Herself To Become First Black Woman To Run Fortune 500 Company | TIME

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

God BLESS you strong lady, you are a shiny example of what AMERICA dreamed of becoming..
    Dream of Equality, Freedom, Persue of happiness..
    Let the haters drown in their own hate.. Greate lady, gift of God, light of hope..

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

When did she say something about disguising herself. Clickbait?

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

I voted trump and I liked this video! I think many of the dislikes are more than likely from people that worked for xerox that has faced thousand and thousands of layoffs just to increase their revenue numbers on paper, not simply all racists. And if you are a racists…ur a double standard numbnuts, because these same racists complain about people on welfare (only blacks im sure although there are many whites that abuse the system) but when a black person betters herself and become successful you get mad about it. So what do you want then? YOu complain if they dont work, you complain if they do work and become successful. I don't feel like racism really exists that strongly as everyone suggests however

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

I just do not like the fact that You Tube is shoving this black history month crap down my throat with no way to just delete it! I am not racist, not in the least bit. But when you create stuff like this it creates racism. I thought the black population did not like to be called black.

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

I think it’s sad that we still have to point out that black people can be successful too…
    Can we not just get over race and realize that people are people and that we need to love each other instead of point out our differences?
    I can’t wait for the day when race doesn’t matter anymore.

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

She talked about busting her ass despite the odds.

Let being in the minority be your advantage

Sjw will call her a bigot for not carry water for the plantation.

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

I'm convinced some white people just clicked through the videos just to hit the dislike button….

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

I don't care about a ceo, or president's sex, race, as long as they do a good job. However, we've become a society which places these things above doing a good job.

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

When she took over Xerox her statement was "This company will be ran differently going from a white Republican male to a black Democrat woman".
    While she did work up through the ranks and really showed her work ethics. Once she got to the top she ruined the Xerox company.

Once she took over raises and bonuses stopped for everybody except her and her top friends. Lay offs started and they were always the week of thanksgiving.
    She took on companies Xerox had no business buying and end up selling off assets to other companies causing tens of thousands of layoffs and all while paying herself WELL more then any other Xerox CEO did before her.
    She was paid over $1 million a year with over $2 million alone as a yearly bonus.
    While employees went from 2009 until 2016 without raises or bonuses.

Personally she was a nice person but business, she would help herself and her friends and not give a single shit about any of the workers.
    She hired in friends from other failing businesses like IBM and bring them over making nearly 7 figures for a few years and then bring in other friends.
    Benefits were GARBAGE during her time as CEO and the business literally got worse every single year.

So yes she worked up but when she got to the top and literally ran Xerox into the ground.

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

yeah never mind she spent a great deal of time parading herself as the first black woman ceo while driving Xerox to the ground. typical

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

everyone look at me! girls are powerful earners! look at me! look at me!

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

Another example that you don't need the Government to become sucessful.

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

Ah. The part where she starts talking about her actual job starts at 0:50.

(edit after video ends)

…and lasts about 5 seconds. I have no idea what her business vision is or what good or service her company provides.

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

First time I've heard of her and know nothing about her but I just think it's funny she's named after Disney and Simpsons villains.

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

Can you imagine if they did videos on "first white person to" my goodness how people would riot, burn down cities and act like crazy people.. But "first black" is totally OK. The hypocrisy is apparent.

• June 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

I have immense respect for women of color that become huge successes like this. In fact I have respect for any woman that does this…wait in fact I have massive respect for ANYONE that does this. At this point you don't focus on race or sex, it's all about a person's character and will to succeed; it's contagious. That's how it should be. I don't respect women of color that get jobs because companies have to fill diversity quotas. I don't respect people that push these diversity quotas.