The Modern University

Help us produce more originals, pledge $1 at: https://www.patreon.com/1791L 1791L Merch: https://represent.com/store/1791l ☕ Twitter https://twitter.com/1791L $ One time donations: http://pay…

25 thoughts on “The Modern University

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

that trans animal stuff is really a new level of insanity. wtf is wrong with the world?

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

The evangelicals who want to push creationism into schools and bring prayer and god back into schools are all about open speech and new ideas?

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

Such tragically stupid nonsense. Fucking right wing idiots and their craven lies.

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

I think you have certainly a good point in being critical of some of the failings of SJW movements and broader neoliberal movements in university. Things like Group think are certainly an issue, I myself doing a Arts degree am concerned by it. Although I think like the modern media you blow things out of proportion in calling things a crisis and your use of data is at most anecdotal. Also through out your video you are always pushing a 'slippery slope argument' which vaguely goes, 'look at the radical culture in SJW movements wow they are hypocrites and authoritarian'. While I think you are certainly right in some contexts(like that girl being called out for using a video clip) although the SJW is in no way authoritarian to the scale of say Putin or Xi. Your Slippery slope argument seems more of a figure of your imagination and interesting interpretation of 'facts' .

You always critique the culture surrounding SJWs, which is valuable but you never actually delve into a proper honest critique of their philosophies. This is the same critiques you level at them having not done proper study of Civics. Well I put the same challenge to you, I would like for you to do an open-minded honest critique of say Marxism as a philosophy not just the behavior of the people who might adhere to a vague form of it. Otherwise keep cherry picking little anecdotes and being your own little group think.

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite channels. Keep up the good work my dood.

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

I know being defeatist doesn't help but the "academic" social atmosphere is really depressing. Speaking out against gender and race radicalism makes you hitler and suddenly you are the enemy. The staff of highschools and probably elementary and middle schools start the indoctrination at a young age, so when people become young adults they violently quash dissent because they have been told those that disagree with them are bad people. In my current world history class everything comes back to how horrible the white man is, even when the topics have nothing to do with White people.

" The civil service exams of china were like jim crow laws oppressing minorities and intellectually inferior people"

""Doesn't japan closing itself off from portugal remind you of america in the present"

No it doesn't you fucking dunce.

I don't even know if i should give up on college If I can keep looking forward to the same damn atmosphere and treatment for the entire experience.

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

That background at 2:34… no… don't do that again. Messed with my eyes too much and couldn't read the definition at all.

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

Beautiful channel, so glad I found you. Well produced, great information and sources right there so I'm able to pause and read them. You're doing good work!

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

I love the channel. Your reasoning and evidence never seize to impress. Keep up the good work!

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

Honestly I didn't understand shit from this video. Just the basic premise that was ilustrated with a graph. Everything else just flew past me. That being said, what is wrong with playing a Hitler speech? I'm sure there are a lot of good reasons outside of being white supremisist to play a Hitler's speech, especially during a presentation in a university.

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

This article sums it up: https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/240037/marxist-feminisms-ruined-lives-mallory-millett

The most important thing to note is that it was written by a woman called Mallory Millett – Mallory is Kate Millett's sister. Kate Millett was one of the founders and most influential figures of 2nd wave Feminism for her book "Sexual Politics" that became the go to bible for Women's Studies(gender studies) classes that were rapidly introduced into academia in the early 70's to brainwash the students.

In the article Mallory spills the beans on the antics of her sister Kate and explains the true agenda that lie behind 2nd wave Feminism – the goal was essentially to destroy the family unit – which as we all know, is one they achieved with flying colours.

It's also worth pointing out that Feminist agenda has always been funded by the elites, the Rokerfellers, Ford Foundation, Soros & the CIA etc..

Make no mistake – Feminism is, and always has been a societal Cancer based on lies.

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

Always funny when lefties say rightwingers don't believe in evolution when they deny basic evolutionary biology lol

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

unjust system that gave them a job in an university with usually good salary and nice benefits that half the usual workers will never have …the hypocrisy

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

You need a better mic. Each time you say 's' the sound is far too cutting.

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

So since their are so many democratic professors to republican…

WE MUST NEED DIVERSITY!

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

I’m glad I found your channel. Keep up the good work for this new sub!

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

As I’ve gotten older, I’ve learned how to have nice discussions with even far left professors. People just want to be listened to and not be told bluntly that they are wrong.

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

This is the failure of conservative governments, and those who are conservative in their thinking, from acting over the last 20 years……
    Leftist have been left alone to infect academia for so long. … now they pose a danger to western civilisation.

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

I'm a Catholic, that stuff we did in the middle ages makes me sick.

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

I would subscribe to you, but I can never understand what the fuck you’re saying.

• March 18, 2018 at 5:52 am

It has long since left the English speaking areas. It's already around in German speaking areas, too. The students' unions in Germany and Austria are more concerned about the cult of diversity than actually doing their duty to the students.

As a result, I know this from Austria, most students actually shun student union elections, and the resulting councils only represent below 25% of all students, because the rest no longer votes.

It is not helped by local academia either. In Germany a law professor came out demanding that circumcision on religious grounds (the German parliament legalized it for boys I think in 2012, which was a massive step back) should also be legal for girls, because "equality!" That professor is a woman, and she caused a shitstorm from medical doctors and child protection organizations and activists. In Austria a music professor argued that "climate deniers" should be executed. Neither professor was fired.