The Kaepernick-Nike Deal: What No One Is Willing To Say

The Dr Boyce Watkins Channel is an all-black news and commentary channel that features a number of African American thinkers, commentators and speakers.

23 thoughts on “The Kaepernick-Nike Deal: What No One Is Willing To Say

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

I will be attending the "all white" national convention……………yeah NOT! Kaepernick made NO sacrifices! The brave women of law enforcement make sacrifices every day to protect our asses from shootings and robberies. #boycottnike

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Today Angry white folks burning shoes. A few decades ago they burned wooden crosses.

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

WHITE PEOPLE have studied us for a very long period of time, because we're PEOPLE who never received love, they know excactly which button to press to engage our emotions, NIKE can use COLIN who got black listed, and make NIKE look cool, revolutional, supportive, open minded to LIBARERAL WHITES and BLACKS and LATINOS, in order to lock us in loyalty trap, like DNC did by freeing Dr KING who hadn't even commited a crime in first place, the result is : BLACKS and other minorities will see NIKE as their own brand, and buy more NIKES than they need for centuries, while a WHITEMAN called "PHILL KNIGHT" will be banking heavily, laughing at us…

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

BRUH WTF DOES NO ONE REMEMBER THE SWEATHSHOPS/CHILD LABOR SHIT?????????? LIKE WHAT??
    nike fight racism with child labor smh

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Columbia. That is where my family originated from. My older brother wants to go and explore our heritage. Please please take video and post it.

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Dr. B has been great in our learning curve. Hebrew king leader to follow, if you follow.

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Ironically, the Protest has diverted the conversation from racial prejudice and police brutality, and redirected it towards Kaepernick, Nike and Trump. Another victory for the Establishment.

HAHAA!
    BROTHER BOYCE YOU A BAD MAN AND WE LOVE YOU IN THE SPIRIT OF BROTHERHOOD!

YOU ARE SPEAKING WHAT WE HAVE SPOKE 50 YEARS AGO!

KEEP YOUR AWARENESS
    UP BIG BROTHER
    CAUSE YOU ARE SHARP!

LOVE YOUR WISDOM CAUSE IT REMINDS ME OF ME IN 1975!

WE ARE ORIGINAL PEOPLE
    OF CREATION FOR
    WE ARE ONE!
    #WAO

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Black people are never going to build any of these systems. If we were going to do it, we would have done it already. It's been 500 years. We like being subordinate and taken care of, even if it is by an abusive parent. That is our collective reality.

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

How about we make our own merchandise? List our own companies on the stock exchange? Invest in our own stock. What are the current successful black owned businesses that are good to buy stock in, invest in?

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

What did he sacrifice cuz he was a bench warmer when he played ball…

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Dr boyce sounds like a Nike commercial

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

I live in a country where Nike advertising can offend more People than the KKK can march to the Whitehouse and the president refers to some of them as good people!

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

We tell the Black community to let your dollars speak for you now here you are saying that supporting NIKE is coonish behavior???? Black people have to buy shoes anyway and I say buy NIKE not necessarily more than you were gonna spend to begin with but please support companies than stand with our community!!!! Likewise do not spend your money with companies that support the enemies of our people this is the first step for our community it is your dollars that they respect and fear losing!!!! This whole concept of everybody pooling their money has never happened in the Black community and yes it would be wonderful if we did but we get these splintered messages from people with a platform…. I looked into NIKE stock hell it was down and still selling at $80 per share! Now I'm retired reasonably comfortable stable but I cannot afford to buy enough of that stock to make a difference so why give me a goal that I cannot achieve! I own a couple of rental properties and I own my personal residence outright business does not ned to be this super intellectual business models…. I also own a concrete cleaning business simple concepts that anyone can do…. I will never spend a dime in a Waffle House or any other business that mistreats my people and if we all did just that shit would change in a damned hurry

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

"Sometimes you got to disrupt some shit to get people's attention!" in my Dr. Boyce voice.

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Is Kaepernick going to demand the releasing of the Dallas Officer's identity?

They already downgraded the charges to manslaughter and another innocent man is gone.

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

I would definitely donate I want a better life for my grandbabies.

• March 23, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Dr Boyce, you are right. Black people should buy more Nike stocks than buying Nike shoes.