TECH JOBS: Minorities have degrees, but don’t get hired

Find out the truth!! Got a tech degree?? Have kids?? Find out the truth! New York Times Article: Tech Jobs- Minorities don’t get hired https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/10/12/silicon-val…

16 thoughts on “TECH JOBS: Minorities have degrees, but don’t get hired

• March 24, 2018 at 2:01 am

Makes me mad. I need to brain storm..

• March 24, 2018 at 2:01 am

Can you do a video where you talk about how affirmative action is mostly received by WHITE women, and also how other races can receive it. I say this because people try to degrade the success of blacks by mentioning how it must be affirmative action.

• March 24, 2018 at 2:01 am

I love that you cuss! This is real talk-period. Non of that foo foo crap.

• March 24, 2018 at 2:01 am

This is depressing but, I know sounds Cliche God can do anything. If you can do the Job he'll make a way out of no way. I'm 25 I stayed prayed up that he will open a door.

• March 24, 2018 at 2:01 am

I'm soooo glad you're giving out this type of information.    This is just what we need, at this time.

• March 24, 2018 at 2:01 am

Thanks for speaking facts. This was hard to hear after working 15+ years in Information Systems, but it's true. These companies don't want us. I've worked at Fortune 100 & 500 companies since I was 16. They still make it clear they don't want my Black ass in their boardrooms but, I've held my own nonetheless.

I'm a freelance writer with Blacks In Technology. I highly recommend that Black Women google it. You're so right about networking. The tech industry is even smaller in our circles but… money is still being made. Ladies, get in where you fit in.

I have so much to say about this topic. I may do a video soon.

• March 24, 2018 at 2:01 am

BW, we have to start thinking about starting a business/businesses. I feel like there is no other choice for economic wealth real talk. Thank you for this video.

• March 24, 2018 at 2:01 am

I love that you did this video. I recently went to my local SBA and Score office and started talking to people about my app and tech business. I don't personally know many African american woman who who have tech company's. I'm working toward being that black girl with a tech company.

• March 24, 2018 at 2:01 am

I found your page from Christelyn's platform – and I've been binge watching your videos since! I honestly never really cared about or paid attention to this kinda stuff, but your delivery is so empowering! And you're funny lol Anywho, I definitely subscribed and thank you for coming to YouTube!!! <3

• March 24, 2018 at 2:01 am

As a college student, I am glad you mentioned this scenario because I recently applied to a job and was interview last Monday. Yet I have yet to hear back from them and I am getting the runaround. It is ridiculous. This position I applied to is part time seasonal at a call center. What do you advise me to do?