Storytime GRWM| Why I Hate Christmas

GRAB A SNACK! Storytime GRWM| Why I Hate Christmas ♡ Read Me For Info ♡ Subscribe Here: …

Install this web app on your Android: Tap menu, more options, and then Add Shortcut To Homescreen.×

22 thoughts on “Storytime GRWM| Why I Hate Christmas

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

Girl, my parents stopped giving me and my brother gifts for christmas when I was about 11. They said it was because Christmas has lost its true meaning and they were no longer going to buy into it, but I was not trying to hear that. We eat together with my extended family but I don't get presents from them anymore. I really thought I was the only one who didn't really get anything Christmas, it's nice to know I'm not alone x

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

Brelynn, I believe you discussed your family Christmas experiences because you're saddened and hurt over them. And, that's okay. I feel sad for you because the holiday season should be a very joyous and celebratory time. My family is very festive; we celebrate EVERYTHING, hence, I couldn't imagine NOT having the traditional Christmas experience. I do understand, though, that it's not like that for everyone.

Because you appear to be a very vibrant young lady, I recommend that you regard your experiences with your family of origin as a lesson and guiding post for your future family of orientation: When you get married and have children, be sure to provide them with the VERY BEST and OVER-THE-TOP Christmas/holiday season- the largest and most heavily decorated Christmas tree and home; baking Christmas cookies; playing holiday music throughout the house and season; singing Christmas carols; watching Christmas movies and cartoons; and the most fun of all-EXCHANGING GIFTS! That way, you will replace your current memories with your family with NEW ones; start your own family tradition(s); and be happy and excited-once again-for the holidays!

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

I feel the exact same way. Christmas really ended for me in 7th grade. It's getting better now since my sister has kids so I guess Christmas is coming back lol but I'm in my junior year in college so really I don't get gifts it's really for the grandkids.

I love the GRINCH too!!!! fave movie of all time. <3 Jim Carrey lol

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

It's really not being ungrateful which some people don't get but you expect or would like the holiday to be carefree and as close to perfect as possible and when it's not it's kind of sad. For me I always get everyone something for Christmas in my family and never receive anything from them, this happened since high school. I still get them gifts because I know how it feels to not receive anything at all and don't want anyone to ever feel that way if I can control it. But point of saying all that, it's good to find someone who feels the same about this topic, and thank you for your amazing content! I love being a double major! ❤

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

Christmas in my house , and any holiday is about family. My mom made it her duty to make sure … me and my sister always had gifts under our tree. She would decorate and make sure , she explained even though we might not have all the things you wished for . We have each other , I can't imagine a day or moment without my mother , father, sister and now my nieces and nephews. Their my entire heart , and mean the absolute most . I know it's been hard Boo but things get better. And if you want a place for the holidays , holla at me . Lol my mom can cook her butt off ❣️

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

Damn, Mama didn't even make Christmas dinner! Omg, forget a present…WHERE IS THE FOOD! lmao

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

Actually it's like that for me for all holidays. When I was younger it was fun but as I got older we don't do anything nor do I receive anything lol. It's hard to not have that mindset of not receiving good gifts when you were raised that way. I really do hate Thanksgiving AND Christmas. I'm not purposely picking colleges far away but when I tell family they go, "You're gonna regret not being able to come home for each holiday." Meanwhile, I don't care because we don't do shit! lol

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

Just now watching this video, but I totally understand with the parents divorce situation. I'm a junior in high school and my bad Christmas experience started happening in 7th or 8th grade. My mom left my dad and we moved into an apartment not far from our house and I would get Christmas, but just like you I thought I would get two Christmas and that's when I realized that my dad never really got the gifts it was all my mom. So then now there's this Christmas and we live with my dad again but there's family issues and I also feel like I don't have a home or that there's no love, because I buy presents, but no one says thank you like what the heck. But for us to make Christmas happen and our birthdays and stuff to happen for ourselves we just got to make our own. I LOVE THE GRINCH!!!!!

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

I'm dying at "cuz she's trash" I have none of her products and I never will she slapped her name on it and that's it

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

Aww this made me sad but I do kind of understand how you're feeling. My thanksgivings are always terrible when I'm with my actual blood family because I'm the youngest (I'm 18) and in college but the second youngest person is like my mom lol but instead of the whole not getting presents thing for us it's the topic of conversation and no one ever wants to play any fun games. Like this year they were talking about retirement lol so for me there's really not a lot of joy besides the food but I get where you're coming from trust me you're not alone!

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

Ok, serious question, how do you think you're gonna do christmas with your future kids?

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

what do you use to edit your videos because they are amazing….

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

Same with the makeup thing I would always ask for nice makeup but I always got cheaper stuff because like you said, if you don't love makeup you wouldn't understand the value of the real thing. So this year now that I'm working and low key balling I'm making my own Christmas lol. And I'll just be happy with that because not that that's what Christmas is about but I just feel like why not? It'll make up for all the years I missed out. I'll make my own little Christmas

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

Elf has so much stuff and it's affordable. I love the grinch!! I still enjoy the holiday, I just try to take control of what happens if I can. The Holiday is one of my favorite Christmas movies.

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

Omg Brelynn the description box lolol !!

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

I've never received a present for Christmas nor my birthday. and at times it. bothers me but I just remember that at the end of a rainy day there's always a rainbow. ad I'm about to graduate in 2018 so maybe college would be better. and yes I have both parents.

• March 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

We don't really do Christmas either, but I'm used to it at this point because the last time I was probably in 7th/8th grade (I'm a junior in college).It's partially because we're immigrants, so holidays have never been the biggest deal and also because money is hard to come by. My parents have a lot of financial pressure on them so I don't even like asking them for money/gifts, I just try to grab them gifts for their birthdays in Aug/Sep and call it a day. My siblings don't expect anything either and we usually just end up hanging out together, maybe with a special meal if family comes over. I got my mom a little gift just because I saw something I knew she needed, but that's about it.