http://www.democracynow.org – A new book 10 years in the making examines at how many major U.S. universities — Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Dartmouth …

Install this web app on your Android: Tap menu, more options, and then Add Shortcut To Homescreen.×

29 thoughts on “Shackles and Ivy: The Secret History of How Slavery Helped Build America’s Elite Colleges

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Slaves built the whole country. Many were native blacks (indians).

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Stop flogging a long dead horse. Nobody cares about slavery anymore and most non blacks do not feel any guilt because no one living owned any slaves or transported or sold them. Blacks keep dragging it up in the hopes of cashing in or as an excuse for violent, criminal and destructive behavior. I know that blacks don't care about me and I don't care about them or their hopes and dreams because they are responsible for their hopes and dreams. BUT – look what happened this year at the Ivy League. They started protesting and demanding safe houses and trigger alerts even though they got in based on affirmative action and boosted minority SAT scores they did not settle down and study but rather wanted to stir up trouble. The truth is we can never live together and most blacks and whites do not want to but blacks want a free handout. It ain't gonna happen,

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

FOR THOSE THAT ARE SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING THE UNTOLD STORIES THAT MADE ALL EUROPEANS NATIONS RICH…..IMAGINE HOW WE AS DESCENDANTS OF THE BLACK SLAVES THAT WAS TREATED HORRIFIC IN HUMAN EVIL WAS HIDDEN FROM US…THAT YOU CAN BELIEVE A LIE TO LIVE PEACEFULLY…AND THINK OF US AS LESS THAN ANIMALS…WRITTEN IN THE CONSTITUTION…..SO GET OVER YOURSELF AND AWAKENING TO YOUR EVIL ANCESTORS HUMANITY…..THEY NEVER IMAGINED THE INTERNET……BAD ROOT BARE BAD FRUIT!!

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Illuminati+kkk Slavery America. Russian Slavery Sex Trafficking jewish mafia Zion (Jews) Jesuits yes!!!!!!!!

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

shackles is just a great term I think…

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

so proud of my people and history

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

The blacks and natives(Israelites) built the great cities of ancient Egypt and new Egypt(America)…yall white folks are living off the labor of my ancestors…why won't you teach that in your garbage schools

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Read the human rights reports, ignorant swine. Again, don't make me repeat myself.

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

You can repeat yourself ad infinitum.

Notes I said, m'lad. Notes. Now get to it!

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Your still dodging, ignorant swine. And don't make me repeat myself.

Utter nonsense.

You speak with no authority, no authenticity, no validity, no purpose.

Now where are those notes I told you to take, m'lad?

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

You just proved my point. Your swinish ignorance is appalling. Now quit dodging, and read the Amnesty International reports.

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

I could give a f&*k about Amnesty International, or any other western led organisation in Africa, doing what they do best, talking sh*t.

There are plenty of African based organisations, in Africa, doing sterling job on reporting this barbaric trade as it is.

Now get to watching that video, and make sure you take notes as I'll be asking questions.

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Your ignorance regarding Africa is appalling. Read the Amnesty International and other human rights reports on the subject of slavery in Africa. Enter the subject in a search engine.

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Clearly having read nothing, studied nothing, or even been to Africa to verify the 'stories' you've accepted as 'truth', anything other than stories would be 'absurd' to you. But it changes not one iota of what is still happening indigenous peoples by non indigenous ones. So may I suggest you go and educate yourself on the issue, thoroughly. Start here for openers:

youtube. com/watch?v=Q24sPWwoy3s

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Absurd! It is not just Arabs practicing slavery in Africa.

Utter. Garbage.

Now slavery is still practiced by Arabs on Africans in areas like Nubia (Sudan)

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Ethiopian. Is a Greek word. Mean. "People of burnt skin". Before colonization. Everything below kemet( Egypt) was considered Etheopia. But. Egyptians are also undeniably Aftican

Ahhh. The Scottish Network of newly endowed *Free Masons*[?]

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

nope because the protocols of zion is nothing more than fabricated document you dick head. ITS NOT REAL LOL!!! go read some books on the Illuminati and the NWO while you're at it.

So THE MOOR . That is a specific title . Look it up

• June 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

I wonder what percentage of national gdp was generated purely off slavery.