Serena Williams Health Care Discrimination– Shocking

Health care discrimination for Black women is at a catastrophic level and needs to be fixed asap! This is a 911 wake up call. This is war. We must and can do better for the usa and fight for…

26 thoughts on “Serena Williams Health Care Discrimination– Shocking

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Fortunately I haven’t experienced this. I’ve had doctors I could sense weren’t happy to see a black woman in the exam room, but they were professional and informative. I was always given what I needed. The birth of my son went well. If anything, it’s been the opposite for me. A lot of doctors seemed to be in a hurry to diagnosis or prescribe something.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Be careful with articles like these as well, because sometimes they're used as Scare Tactics to stop women from having children. If a black woman thinks she's going to die if she gets pregnant she won't want to get pregnant. Find a good doctor, do your research, eat healthy. Not to sound racist but also make sure you're on the lookout for a lot of these foreign doctors that are very discriminative towards black people.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

I always watched my grandmother get dressed up to the nines just to go see a doctor. She did that to set off class triggers so she could get taken seriously at the doctor.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Those statistics are just so scary and insane!

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

This idea that Black women (and Black people) feel less pain than other groups, is a throwback from slavery days.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

The US should be utterly embarrassed by those maternal mortality rates.  Why is the greatest nation on earth willing to tolerate this?

I'm in the UK and you have to fight like a mutha to be taken seriously by medics.  When I was in my 20s I experienced a severe neurological illness which resulted in paralysis from the neck down.  When the illness began I was not believed and was told to go home "pain never killed anyone".  That's right; this is what my African GP told me. When they ran their tests and couldn't come up with a diagnosis they referred me to a psychologist claiming my paralysis was psychosomatic.  This is the kind of bs medics pull.  Years later when I was referred to a different hospital and they performed an MRI they discover my spinal cord was damaged and had I had the appropriate treatment at the outset I may not have experienced the extensive damage and subsequent disability.

My mother died from sepsis because the emergency doctors thought she was just an elderly lady looking for attention and didn't scrutinise her x-ray which clearly showed the infection.  The hospital admitted the doctor missed it but we couldn't prove had she been treated promptly she would have survived.

I have countless stories of BW being treated as if we're super human and therefore not in need of urgent prompt care and attention.  God only knows what happens if you're in need of mental health care.

But this racism thing astounds me.  It's 2018 and people still think being a neanderthal is okay. Unbelievable.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

black women a tip is to have some1 with you especially a male. u will be taken more seriously. also get familiar with your state's patient rights, the hospital has them or look online..Doulas (did i spell that right?] are also helpful.educate urself about common heath concerns 4 us before anything goes wrong.i hate when blacks whine without offering solutions,that's what's depressing.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

There is SO MUCH JEALOUSY, JUDGEMENT on black women an if you are married out, sometimes its worse with these non black women. You are SO RIGHT AND A MILLION THANK YOUS FOR THIS VIDEO AN OTHER VIDS YOU HAVE DONE. I AM SO AWAKE ON THIS.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

This is why I’m scared to go to the doctor period. I honestly think they believe black Women don’t feel pain or just want you to be sick or die. I have endometriosis and before I was diagnosed I couldn’t even get doctor to refer me to the obgyn. They would give me ibuprofen or a steroid shot instead of bc pills and necessary pain medication . Even when I got bronchitis last year the doctor said it was allergies. I ended up with pneumonia and in the hospital . Don’t trust these doctors and nurses , get multiple opinions, and do your own research . Always trust your gut feeling. I even record my doctor visits using voice recorder on my phone or video them . I had so many negative experiences and racist things said to me.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Thank you so much for all your videos I'm learning a lot from you peace and love

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

I used to work for Greater Harlem Healthy Start NMPP. This is an organization that addresses this very issue. We do need more like this. Your statiatics are dead on. This is why CK and Simone 56 are starting an organization that addresses issues concerning Black women and girls. Let's make sure that we all support this move so that we can bring light to these issues on a mass level.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

No one is saying it's only Black women that experiences medical biast on an institutional level. Right now, we are discussing Black women. It is okay to discuss our issues separate from Black men, as they do all the time. Those in the comment section, who keep saying what about Black men, please show me a Black male channel that addresses Black women's issues on health or that is not stating horrendous stereo types about Black women, I'll wait. This is a new era, we are no longer an appendage. It's okay to address the unaddressed Black women and girls issues. Stop It.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

You tell nothing but the truth Connie. I just finished reading this news article.
    A black woman in Baltimore was discharged without treatment and left in her hospital outfit out in the wintry cold at a bus stop to go home.
    And some of them out here calling other people countries "s***holes"

Here's the link: https://www.rt.com/usa/415753-woman-dumped-street-hospital-gown/

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Thank you for your video. I feel that black women of means should have their children abroad. Once black women leave USA have their children, every one will take notice, there will be embarrassing and the medical institution and health insurance will lose money.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Where’s black folks on this type of black lives mattering? Also government isn’t they way to solve this they’re the ones who want black dead and population control, what we need are more black doctors instead of basement hair stylists.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

And what gets me is that these same professional healthcare providers with their degrees can overlook a murderer of innocent people and give the murderer adequate healthcare — but refuse to overlook the skin color of the black woman and instead dismiss and ignore us.

They take the Hippocratic Oath: Do No Harm — but have no problem doing harm to us. How do we bring this to the forefront and demand that we get the same care as anyone else? I have 3 daughters — 2 teenagers still living with me, 1 grown in her twenties. We have got to find a way to secure adequate healthcare for ourselves and the next generations.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

If were start bringing some class-action lawsuits against these healthcare providers perhaps then they will start thinking twice about dismissing us to die. This issue has been brought up before and been covered for years — yet nothing has been done about it. No one advocates for black women. We have to be our own advocates, our own protectors, our own social network. We are going to have to build this Sisterhood from the ground up.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

I had my own life-threatening story when I gave birth to my son. I was bleeding and I notified the nurse and she never came to check me — she dismissed me and told me it was just my cervix dilating and that it was normal. I sat there bleeding profusely for at least an hour.

By the time my black female doctor came to check me they were rushing me to the OR for an emergency C-Section. Come to find out I had Placental Abruption where the placenta had pulled away from the uterine wall.

Now black women are risking their lives having these babies with black men who leave them single mothers. Why? We really need to start asking ourselves is it worth it.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

I'm disgusted with being surrounded by haters…

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

You are absolutely right. Black women need their own brand of feminism. I 100% co sign.

• May 29, 2018 at 3:56 pm

Thank you for all of your videos….One of the best on youtube…Joining your patreon.