S. Graham: Why This Detox Post Triggered So Many Black Women Pt. 1

NubianEssenceLuxuryRetreat.com – Attend The Nubian Essence Luxury Retreat – June 2018 Shaquita Graham, Founder of BlackTekLab.NET, discusses detoxing and health strategies for Black Women…

42 thoughts on “S. Graham: Why This Detox Post Triggered So Many Black Women Pt. 1

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

Add lime and warm water. Great! I will start trying that. A great advice.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

People have just become so sensitive these days and just don't want to hear the truth. These alternative facts are killing us. I had a friend come to see me whom hadn't seen me in a while and she told me straight up, "you have put on too much weight and that is not healthy. I knew I had put on the weight but I was telling myself "well guys still find me attractive, so I'm alright." I had so many people around me that did not call me out on my weight gain and when I asked why, they said, well I thought you knew. It's important for us to keep out brothers and sisters accountable and help each other. I had more friends encouraging me to go natural, but not take care of my body. When I went natural I had a support system encouraging me to stay natural, and giving me tips to care for my natural products. But when it comes to my weight loss/healthy, I've been on this weight lost journey solo…just me and the Lord.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

If these black women can sit up here and talk about these issues and identify them, why do people get upset when black men and boys acknowledge the same thing and decide not to date or marry black females? Do y'all think that we as black men don't notice this shit too? We see how obese, illogical, dishonest the vast majority of black women are. Most of us don't talk about it openly, we simply vote with our feet. If you can't be honest with yourself then why would you expect anyone else to subject themselves to your negative aspects? The very fact that other black women have viscerally objected to this woman's message, is a perfect illustration of how difficult it is to speak any truth to black women about the shit they're doing.

80% of black women in America are obese. That's a fact.

Yet black women still have the nerve to get indignant and outraged that black men who are athletes, entertainers etc at their physical peak are dating women of other races (primarily white) instead of women who look like the 6 obese BW in the facebook post. Seriously? More black women need to listen to Art's advise and stop lying to themselves and trying to shame everyone (especially black men & boys) in to accepting their self destructive behavior.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

Please do a part 3, 4, 5, 6… just start a whole series. I love this topic. I'm at this stage of my life but need lots of help and a like minded community. This is much needed.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

Props to this sister, I've been saying that for years. Fat obese women that think there thick. Plus the dudes that have low standards that Empower these women by calling them BBWs. not to mention the fact that the dominant Society also promote black obese women.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

I saw this on FB and I was one of the individuals that commented on the post. I agree that women as well as men should take control of their health but is that what this post was really about? Health is not necessarily based on your physical appearance but more on how healthy your internal system is. She is absolutely right about the health issue but to me (this is my own opinion) were people basing their response on internal health or physical appearance? The so called BBW movement basically came about through hip hop because brutha's were not feeling the "Becky" look (flat ass, no hips, skinny legs etc). It was not meant to glorify women that were out of shape or over weight. It was a compliment to those sista's that had body without having to go to a gym to get that look. Get healthy but keep the curves and for the record, there are more productive ways to get our sista's to change their eating habits as well as getting them in the gym to keep their bodies looking nice and internal structure matching the way their external structure is without tearing them down in the process. I'm a vegan as well as a personal trainer and my goal is to get the sista's healthy and keep their curves as well. Instead of tearing our women down because they have this curvy look why not embrace that curvy look and get them healthy at the same time because most black men whether they are conscious or not do not want a chick with a flat ass no hips or skinny ass legs. It's not attractive nor has it ever been. The standard of beauty has always been a curvy look it wasn't until we lost our ability to promote that look which is when it became the norm to look like "Becky" vs looking like the "Hottentot" of Africa. Serena Williams and I think she is vegan now and we all know she works out has that look even though she has received criticism for how she looks but that mainly comes from Caucasians but most black men embrace her physical beauty and she's curvy. So again let's celebrate the beauty of curvy black women and get them fit and healthy at the same time.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

so clothes weren't an option? it should be about the message first and foremost…

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

I think we should all strive to be healthy. But, F this lady. She can kiss my ass, I have a great body and feel great. But, I think she is assuming just because some women have trouble loosing weight; they are not trying hard enough.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

I know a couple of 100% vegan women, and they don't have D-cup breasts or big ole booties.  They are 55+, and they are hotter than most of you 35-45 year olds.  They also wear their NATURAL hair which flows down their backs.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

Moist Watkins simping to black women again, what's new.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

These sisters don't do anything for the whole population for black ppl just for women lol

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

While this is important let's not forget we are not the physical. However Duality is essential in all things. Great video

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

What I see is a bully picking on other women that are not soliciting her advice. I could see if these women asked her opinion ,but they didn't .

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

Detox is not body in a bottle. It is a component of your fitness system. By eliminating the toxins which sustain addiction to modified foods, your body then craves nutrients. These obnoxious hungry hippos will put up excuses, like most dopefiends.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

I don't see why anyone would use a picture of other women to prove a point. If you want to speak about healthy eating and so on then do that, but why talk bad about these sisters. I guess beauty if in the eye of the beholder, but the sisters in the blue dresses look beautiful to me. They look thick and curvy…not fat and sloppy in my opinion I find them much more attractive than the skinny woman sitting in the chair. I also notice 9 times out of 10 (not always, but most times) it's a person who has never been heavy in their ENTIRE life who is criticizing others concerning their weight.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

I appreciate this conversation and I will share this!

I'm a school counselor & 10 years ago, I couldn't go up 3 flights of stairs at my school without sounding like Biggie Smalls… (baby, baby, uhhhh)

My life/health changed 10 years ago, I was diagnosed with 3 large fibroids and was told I had to have emergency surgery. I was at my heaviest at 195lbs (on a 5'2 frame). I was frightened, sick and bleeding profusely. I knew NOTHING about fibroids, nutrition or working out but I laced up my fancy sneakers (that I never used for sweat) and went to a park by my house and started walking. It took me 2 hours to complete 4 miles but I never looked back. I started researching nutrition and a vegetarian lifestyle. I dropped 60lbs and it changed my life. I run, jump, skip, have more energy and have kept the fibroids (and weight) away.

I won't lie, I was the girl joking about skinny folks running & working out as I snacked on McDonald's french fries but It's never too late to switch it up. It didn't happen over night. I took baby steps but my health was worth it. When I read that more than 70% of women get fibroids AGAIN after surgery that started my journey into WHY they were there in the first place. I did EVERYTHING in my power to make sure they didn't come back. Don't make lifestyle changes for abs or a mate, do it for YOUR HEALTH.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

Great video and finally some great information for these black women that think being “thick” is the right way. When they are actually over weight and unhealthy. That’s the worst part is that we don’t understand that we are unhealthy.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

Art Cathey is SO REAL! This approach is necessary to save us sisters. Keep up the great work!

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

So glad you're bringing this to light. Remember it was Monique who started this mess>

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

@3:01 I didn't get them "triggered". It got them "upset" because somebody else was holding up the mirror.

@5:215:28 Ha Ha Ha Ha! Facts!!

@5:305:57 Speak on it.

@8:258:34 Ha Ha Ha Ha!!

@10:45 Classic post.

@11:48 What was it about? Art made it simple and plain. She put forth several line items, that aren't hard to decipher.

@18:5719:10 Everything was going good until she went straight to White supremacy.

How does one leap frog the…household in which the parents rear their children…the (unhealthy) habits that the parents teach their offspring and…the inhabitants (parishioners and pastors) of these "monuments of failure" called "churches" that push/accept unhealthy behaviors and illogical ideologies, in the black community?

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

Attractiveness is not a size. You can be a size 0 and extremely unattractive. The ladies in the blue dresses are beautiful and if they choose to lose weight for health reasons thats wonderful.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

The bw DO need to detox. And they would be shocked how much s.h.i.t exits out of the body.

It is everything right with getting and staying healthy. Stop being offended by the TRUTH.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

Black women have a weight problem andd a weight mindset problem as a group. Cdc fast stats state that 56.3% of sistahs over 20 are obese. So you can really having this convesation with black women. You have to build awareness over time. Aslo alot of this weight is black women wearing there dysfunction on there bodies as food is just another coping mechanism just like sex and other dysfunction…

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

A lot of Black men encourage Black women to be fat, lazy and diabetic.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

I respect THE MAN, Shaquita's husband, but most Black men would prefer her over her guest. Shaquita obviously drinks plenty of water due to healthy skin. Even if she added 20 lbs, she would be great. Men want to grab flesh not bones.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

Skinny girls Always trying to tell people about their weight

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

I wish I could be the videographer for this channel. The audio and camera angles (((sigh))). Art Kathy compromising the audio quality of her message just to show off her body. She could have just shown photos and moved in close to the mic.

• July 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm

So why was that post made with those overweight women. 1st you say if women look like them they are liars about being being vegan. Then you go on to say other issues women can have that can cause them to have weight issues.(hormones) And a slim women can be very unhealthy as well. So what was the post really about? From my experience Atlanta women are very superficial.. it's all about how you look and name brand. The title of this is not genuine cuz yall didn't answer? Follow the Dietary Law in the Bible and stop giving all these fake "I care about black women" women yo $$$… The pic on the post? Do y'all know them? Why you keep laughing at them? All Fake vegans don't look like overweight black women. Y'all don't care. I started writing this b4 end of vid, and just like I thought, she all about the money. Follow JJ Smith, she is genuine and really cares and guides with a Beautiful Spirit. This women could save all the head and eye rolls. They laughing at yall, then saying pay me to help you.. smdh