34 thoughts on “Oprah Talks Empowerment With The Hollywood Reporter

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

Was sent here by a fellow Michael Jackson fan to have a listen and I'm so impressed by Yvette Carnell assessment of power, who has it and who doesnt. I stopped giving Oprah my attention once she gave a full audience of white middle class women CARS – – Yvette is so right about how Oprah is "scrambling" and thats why she stuck her foot in her mouth about Michael Jackson. Using " failure to launch" and the reasoning applied about the HOW and the WHY of it was right on the mark. . She lacks Social capital, connectiveness and Legacy and I've always thought she was never connected to anyone .. no one .. she couldn't even feign it … Thank you ..

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

IT'S A REAL WRAP OPRAH…BIG MAMA MAMMIE…. GAYLE AS WELL. DAMN CERTAINLY THEY SOLD OUT, SOLD THEIR SOULS

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

YC is ROASTING these Jive Ass Turkeys….They SOLD stuff and never TOLD our story or really brought our struggle to bare to the elite whites when you had their ears and hearts and minds. Way to go Oprah, JayZ , Kanye, Mr Obama. You got yours right?

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

Oprah is trying to reconnect with the black community. I hear she produced When They See Us. Her attempt at redemption even though she never said she was sorry for supporting those dudes.

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

I think Oprah also built the school in S. Africa, bc if she built it here and the students still failed (bc they're ADOS and boot strapperism/black do-for-self won't fix systemic failure) it would kill the whole "you are what you believe you are" narrative that built her platform.

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

Low key The Reporter sending shots and what's sad is that Oprah is none the wiser.

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

Oprah is an entertainer. Remember even Johnny Carson was broke when he died. Once he left his show, that was it.

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

Thank u sister. You and Tone have pushed me to a new level of awareness and understanding about this America construct

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

Oprah always include white companies. I think it's a mental thing for her.

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

I'm beginning to think you're just ranting and raving at anyone. I do not like Oprah and I think she is a token sell out. But billionaires work with other companies everyday people that have built a brand do commercials to sell products through their brand and if their brand and tells their face yes they do commercials. you make millions by lending your brand or your face to other companies. There will never be a billionaire that will stay a billionaire if he says I'm not going to work with any other company now. I'm beginning to think you're just trying to tear anyone down. I think you are too emotional and you need to discontinue your channel for a little while you beginning to you lose credibility. Good luck this is very unfortunate for me because I had hoped that at found someone with a strong voice in a wise plan for the empowerment of the black. But I've seen you tear down more black people than anyone else on your Channel. This is very unfortunate

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

FORGET OPRAH. SHE NEVER DO ANYTHING TO HELP HER PEOPLE. THE JEWS DO, CHINESE DO, WHITE DO. THE RICH BLACKS ONLY BENEFIT THEM SELF.

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

Yes, legacy building involves planting trees that you won't be able to sit under, that your children and their children can sit under for shade. It involves building people and your community up with clarity on their position. It also requires that we are wise with money, saving, and PRODUCING more than we consume. I read this book and it really woke me up about what real millionaires do. I still have a lot to learn, but trying to learn as much as I can and pass it on. https://www.amazon.com/Millionaire-Next-Door-Surprising-Americas/dp/1589795474

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

It’s to late to correct and educate most likely. She’s a collaborator of white supremacy. She don’t even have full control of most of her content and media holdings. White ppl tell her what she can and can not show.

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

Right Lineage is Key!Im a 6th generations of ADOS and trying to bring up a family which is the 7th .My ancestors never got any reparations
    for the chattel slavery, purple heart as a Engineer to build American or the sharecropping my family suffered for centuries even to date they could not leave the family any inheritance due then and do now for all the wrongs in the black codes and countless other crimes etc,,,,for me a celebrity sold out when they got some money to not put back in the community or build so bye with all that being used to distract.You right though as for me we need to not listen to any and everybody with all the stupid talk these ppl for self only and they ain't got no where themselves faking the funk they cant .Thanks Yvett for telling the truth opening up some folks Eyes !When we know better
    we do better mindwise,

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

In that Photo of Oprah with Warren Buffet and Bill Gates. She was in the middle of two of those most powerful capitol Shark's there is. Like Yvette said there is no Black Business which can grow without black politics. Because its Shark's like Buffet and Gates who will do a hostel take over or drive Oprah right out of Business. Oprah is hoping rub elbows with these people and they will take her underneath their wings and hook her up.

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

On timing: I recall watching Suze Orman and she would always say she went from a waitress to working on Wall Street. I never understood that trajectory. A few years ago, Suze finally said, during the 70s/80s, Wall Street was desperate for women due to Affirmative Action and she got her chance that way.
    These windows of opportunity are critical and close quicker than they open.
    Oprah needs to acknowledge that she was an Affirmative Action baby who apparently still requires it.
    Tell the truth Oprah!

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

Is oprah really a billionaire though?
    Its a lot of celebrities we thought was wealthy that died broke.

• January 21, 2020 at 5:29 am

The problem with poor quality construction is the local governments. Mostly Democrats and many black Politicians selling out.

• January 21, 2020 at 5:30 am

The problem with black people is following Democrats blindly and having no ideas not approved by Democrats and the boule.
    Too many closed minds.

• January 21, 2020 at 5:30 am

I agree with most, Yvette. But, in this case, I think OW is saying Apple reaches a larger, more diverse audience than just hers. Asian folks, for example, know Apple, they don’t know Oprah.