Nomalanga & Ro Cutno: What ONLY a Father Can Do For His Daughter

Nomalanga Mhlauli-Moses has a candid conversation with Ro Elori Cutno about why Black girls NEED their fathers and exactly what a father has to do to raise a …

Install this web app on your Android: Tap menu, more options, and then Add Shortcut To Homescreen.×

17 thoughts on “Nomalanga & Ro Cutno: What ONLY a Father Can Do For His Daughter

• May 15, 2017 at 7:14 am

I remember Dr Ben said along time ago that Families come together to create couples.

• May 15, 2017 at 7:14 am

Let me say this! I agree with this list! I think these are 100% rational things to tell your daughter. I just have some questions because I know there are always exceptions… Regardless if you are from an over-sexed western culture, other cultures do marry and have sex early, and even more when it comes to marriage. Some even groom their children to run businesses early, before 25 (mostly males). Like myself, some people believe in the power of spirituality from a pragmatic position. Not everything is bound by worldly traditions and things like soul mates and twin flames exist, especially if you are spiritually tapped in at an early age to identify true reality. And the “true/authentic/proper” practice of sex can push you into higher levels of consciousness before your brain fully develops at 25 to experience. But here are my questions…

1.Why do our bodies respond to the urge of having sex so early and if we weren’t exposed to what sex is, would we want to have it or wait until we’re 25 and married?

2. Should she have any very close male best friends after high school that she may develop a slight attraction for? Is this inappropriate for an 18 year old until she's 24?

3. What if they grew up together, are in their early 20's (21 or 23), and he's solely financially wealthy? Should they still wait until 25?

4. Should school be the only priority for women until 25? Because doing anything else with maturity and high responsibility is no different from courtship as an adult.

5. Do most cultures follow the 25 rule?

6. Africans have respectable traditions when it comes to marriage, but over 25 countries in Africa practice polygyny and most are very successful. What is everyone's thoughts on that?

7. Were our ancestors 3000 years ago marrying early or late (25 and over)?

AGAIN! I am not against this list! I believe this is a great start for fathers to keep their daughters focused on themselves. I just really want to know because I am an out-of-the-box thinker. I seek and study knowledge and growth in all areas of this existence (mentally, spiritually and physically). I love Ro to death for what she is doing because elite families who practice gender roles run the world, which is why they coerce us to think otherwise so that we can continue to be divided and their worker ants/chattel property, especially the United States which is a Federal Corporation…not a country!

• May 15, 2017 at 7:14 am

There's nothing wrong with a woman having sex before marriage as long as she does it responsibly. The thinking Ro Cutno is coming from is a christian puritanical eurocentric view of sex as given to people in this culture via the bible. The christian religion and its primitive fear pushing and misogyny is not a book we should be following. But too many of us see things from this point of view without even realising that these ideas were indoctrinated within us by this eurocentric culture. Also what if a woman does not find a mate into her thirties or fourties. She is suppose to not be sexually gratified until she or her family finds the right man for her SMH? Sex is a beautiful experience that we all should be experiencing much much more of. The puritanical save it for marriage point of view is a personal choice. If you want to save it for marriage then that is your decision. Sex has positive health and beautiful psychologically therapeutic effects on the mind and body. To tell a woman not to feel one of the best feelings on the planet until some man claims her is dead wrong in my opinion.

• May 15, 2017 at 7:14 am

I'm only 5 minutes in and rolling my eyes lol. She's talking about an international stat on arranged marriages, saying that only 1 in 1000 get divorced. Is she taking into account that in a lot of these cultures, there is HARSH punishment for getting divorced. Like I don't know, death, stoning, etc. She's including cultures where women aren't even allowed to learn how to read. Where they don't have any rights. Where they can be raped and no one does anything. Where they're being genitally mutilated, etc. Basically, where they're slaves and they have NO choice but to stay married.

Why is she on this show Dr. Watkins? She's taking about being feminine while looking like man in the face. Lol, I don't get it.

• May 15, 2017 at 7:14 am

Lol some good conversation but facts are askew. Do more research. Especially in the area of physiology and maturity. Lol. You were way off. But I love your list.

• May 15, 2017 at 7:14 am

I disagree with the notion that girlfriends/boyfriends aren't for sex that's opinion based. The irony is that marriage is nothing but a legal contract regarding finances and resources and has absolutely nothing to do with love so that's weird to act like people shouldn't have sex without a contract when nature/our bodies suggest otherwise.

• May 15, 2017 at 7:14 am

She's right on point fellas.  If you've previously read up on sister Ro, You'd know that she and her staff have interviewed over 1000 men from different nations and cultures who have been successful in their marriages and families.  After doing this, she looked for the common denominator amongst all of these men from different nations and this  is what she's talking about.  It's not a woman that is thinking, "This is what a man should teach his daughters."  This is research.  And as a man that's been married before and have also been around great families, she's so on point.  You are right, it takes a man to make a man.  But the man sets the standards for his sons and daughters also.  The mother trains the daughters, but that man sets standards.  And if we as men set standards for our daughters, they would follow them if we were men of character to our family.  The problems start when we don't live an honorable life in front of our family.  That's when they lose respect for us, and don't care about our opinions. peace.

• May 15, 2017 at 7:14 am

truthfully you got to let whatever happens just happen. tell them if you have sex be safe and send her on her way. and fathers you cant hate and a boy for being human. dont cockblock fathers or your daughter will die alone.

• May 15, 2017 at 7:14 am

a father cant do anything for his daughter that's a mother's job.

• May 15, 2017 at 7:14 am

Man, I wish I could have learned this when I was young. My life would be different.

• May 15, 2017 at 7:14 am

Wow Ro says no sex until marriage which is a good idea but I would say unrealistic , I would say sex is ok after a period of engagement that is more realistic and you must find out whether you are compatible sexually otherwise the marriage won't last

• May 15, 2017 at 7:14 am

Great video!! Much of it I already thought myself and other things were enlightening offering a great perspective!

• May 15, 2017 at 7:14 am

A woman cannot tell a man how to raise a daughter into a woman in the same manner a man cannot tell a woman how to raise a son into a man. If a man needs advice, he should seek other men in the same situation. Same goes for women. Stop this intersectionality bullshit and respect the line