LIVE with Bret Weinstein: Evergreen State College Racism Controversy

Bret Weinstein (professor, Evergreen State College) and Dave Rubin sit down to discuss his controversy on campus surrounding allegations of racism and …

24 thoughts on “LIVE with Bret Weinstein: Evergreen State College Racism Controversy

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

That girl crying. It is amazing how delicate some of these people are. Unbelievable.

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

One Jewish liberal (Rubin) chatting with another Jewish liberal (Weinstein) about Liberalism. Weinstein helped to create this Frankenstein Monster, and now he is surprised that it has turned on him. Just too good!

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

Finally we see one of the problems as well. I think students who are influenced by Professor Weinstein are first taught to think about reasons for problems and realistic, civil solutions. But this requires some pretty hard work from the students. So with a professor like Professor Lowe, it is far easier to hate a created demon (real or imagined) and requires little challenge or thought on the part of the student. The student in essence becomes a puppet of the professor that probably has more concern with indoctrinating minds than teaching them.

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

I'm nearing the end of the interview, and I am not approaching this in an adversarial way, but I'm not sure if I am understanding the genetic (genes) science. Is Bret saying that tribalism, and to another degree, racism toward some other race is genetic rather than cultural?

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

And I have to say that Professor Weinstein still believes in what will ultimately be the undoing of what he hopes for. The belief that academia is the answer to effective government creation has rarely worked in so far as I see an approach to real world problems created in a closed academic setting. And as far as societal change, thinking that the mechanisms that worked in the past will no longer work cannot omit the very structure of our republic. Regardless of the fallacies along the way, the United States has allowed the freedom and liberties to at least discuss and try to improve problems. I believe the very "thinking outside the box" is what Bret has been experiencing as of late. While it is easy to dismiss this as "reap what you sow", it is indeed concerning. Any mechanism must have a basic premise, and that is that this is a fundamentally solid country that allows for corrections of wrongs. Anything that wants to destroy the foundation will eventually, either purposely or accidentally, bring down the country and the very liberties and freedoms afforded the populace.

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

One place where I don't agree is on the definition of conservative. I think conservatives do not want to maintain the current system, rather they believe in the basic foundation of the republic that was structured in the constitution, including the amendments that have made the country better. Progressives seem to want an entirely new system that I fear we have seen historically. And that generally leads to a dictatorial government like communism. Generally millions tend to die before we see what this new Utopian system really is.

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

The students need a fight and you were there for them. Can’t they just protest war like we did in the 60-70’s.

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

I do think Bret has not yet started to look fully within the progressive ideology. My definition of this is in contrast to what we always looked at the liberal ideology. Liberals would disagree with a subject but would still defend one's right to express their different view. The progressive movement has been more about talking over the debate and condemning those that one disagrees with. It does have a more anarchist approach with the excuse that the uncivil tactics deployed are warranted for justice's sake. And that I find concerning. Liberals often were very positive toward the constitution and foundation of the country but recognized the system can be corrupted by people. The progressives seem to have a much more negative view of the foundation of the Republic in whole and often seem to call for its destruction, rather than the need for better leaders for the system.

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

And what sane businessperson would hire someone from this college group?

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

I cannot believe the level of racism from this woman professor(Lowe). And the support of the college for this narrative! Racist hate is wrong from anyone! So sad.

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

They and the students parents created those little spoiled kids. I hope some people will learn from that but I am not too hopeful

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

Interesting but not so sympathetic as they created this cannibalisation. The obnoxious, self-righteous and entitled kids are the product of these campuses. Lord of the Flies

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

Man this school sounds like a dream. Ive struggled with college a shitload and wish i coulda gone to evergreen. all those students bitching need to recognize their privileges!!!

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

THIS communist Jewish teacher lawyered up and shook down my State for over half a million tax dollars.

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

these black "students" are just racists cunts , not just passsive racists but active, militatant racists of the worst kind , they hate white people with a passion . These white "students " are just moronic mindless , speechless drones. Talking to them is just like talking to a isis terrorist , pointless , fruitless

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

When you think just how much the black race owe the white race, indeed, how much the world owes the white race for making this planet such a better place than it otherwise would be, anything that is good in this world has usually been invented by the white race. Imagine the hellhole this planet would be if it wasn't for the white race. Even evil things like slavery which all races have indulged in has only been stopped by the white race.

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

So he didn't see the cucumber and ketchup happen but somehow knows what happened? I'm lost here. Someone help

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

What a bunch of ignorant dumbasses. All I heard was swearing and hey ho and resign. Is that common behaviour amongst students in the USA. They need to grow up and where was the security. All public funding should be withdrawn from this institution. This Professor is still deeply progressive maybe he should become less so. They do say that people who swear a lot can't think of anything intelligent to say instead

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

I wish I wss there.. so I cold smash there fucking heads in

• December 20, 2017 at 12:20 am

F*cking insanity! wow, the inmates really are running the asylum…