The Dr Boyce Watkins Channel is an all-black news and commentary channel that features a number of African American thinkers, commentators and speakers.

17 thoughts on “Kevin Durant Helps Oklahoma School Build All New Facility to Serve Homeless Children

• May 5, 2017 at 8:58 am

My thing is, why isn't the State or City paying for these things? You've got State and City officials that don't make spending laws to serve intercity youths.
    With all respect to Mr Durant but a NBA player shouldn't have to do this if people you elect to office really cared about the health and welfare of intercity youth.
    Things like this should be eye openers for Black Americans.

• May 5, 2017 at 8:58 am

Helping a lot more non-Blacks than his own people. No kudos here. Every other group focuses on their own group, but he's on that inclusive tip

• May 5, 2017 at 8:58 am

thank you my king if only more millionaires could donate to such a Cause it'll make a world the better place!

• May 5, 2017 at 8:58 am

I LOVE the NEW INTRO and MUSIC for this clip – It would be nice if you considered keeping it and branding it for your YouTube channel. I commend Kevin Durant for giving to the Black Community – He's AMAZING!!!. I just wish that 10-NBA & 10-NFL player's who have way more than enough resources would pull their money together and support Dr. Umar Johnson building a school for African-American boys. Even if it were 3/5 NBA players, or those that are in the Entertainment Industry would support Dr. Umar, he would have had the school built/refurbished, and our babies would have already been there. It's SAD he has to work so hard to make happen for our community-Shameful!!!!

• May 5, 2017 at 8:58 am

Interesting…..I wonder how much money did the people who burnt his jersey give?

• May 5, 2017 at 8:58 am

Dr Watkins should just rename/rebrand this channel as "Your Black World" or Financial Juneteenth so that it reflects a proper emerging media channel.

More quality videos like this will rise the viewership. (this video was almost on par with the quality of videos of Atlanta Black Stars channel.) in a perfect world, this channel and Atlanta Black Star would merge but as they say "… everybody wants to be the chief. no one wants to be the Indian."

• May 5, 2017 at 8:58 am

Good positive move to help out that private school in okc. He's always had a good heart. Wish schools had more black teachers to teach our kids.

• May 5, 2017 at 8:58 am

Oklahomans won't appreciate it they hate his guts now. But imma big up the brotha.

• May 5, 2017 at 8:58 am

I'm from where this guy grew up at. I'm not sure about his charitable donations there, but I would have loved to have seen a facility like that there. Hey it's just a black community who cares right….Big up to the brother I'm sure his white finacial advisers steered him in the right direction.

• May 5, 2017 at 8:58 am

That's awesome! I wish more individuals that have been blessed financially would follow suit!

• May 5, 2017 at 8:58 am

why don't he help umar Johnson build a black school wrong direction again!

• May 5, 2017 at 8:58 am

Gr8 news luv to hear positive information for a change.