Jazz Legend Nancy Wilson Dies At 81

Presented by Christopher Platt for YourBlackWorld.net! The Dr Boyce Watkins Channel is an all-black news and commentary channel that features a number of …

26 thoughts on “Jazz Legend Nancy Wilson Dies At 81

• January 11, 2019 at 5:41 am

So Beautiful, and So Classy R.I.P.

• January 11, 2019 at 5:41 am

Oh no. Not Queen Nancy. Rest in paradise queen Nancy. <3

• January 11, 2019 at 5:41 am

You would truly be missed I was exposed your music in the late 90s by dear friend of mine and my favorite song If I had my way

• January 11, 2019 at 5:41 am

Rest in peace, Mrs. Nancy Wilson, she was the epitome, of beauty, grace and femininity. A class act and second to none.

• January 11, 2019 at 5:41 am

I extend my deepest condolences to the Willson family, we have lost another legend.

• January 11, 2019 at 5:41 am

Nancy Wilson was a legend and Pioneer, who was a Song Stylist, who started in gospel as a vocal musician in Church, who then built the jazz and R&B Industry. A Civil Rights activist, and actress, overall performer, Lady Nancy Wilson laid the path upon, now all other musicians travel. No one could master the melodic range of "The Baby©," and can imitate her musical gift. We thank Lady Nancy Wilson©. Her voice was a unique and perfect instrument, which inspired may young future musicians to become musicians in the genre of jazz.
    I was one of those musicians. Blessings Lady Nancy, you will live with us in your music, your message and your Breathtaking beautiful Sound.
    A Sound in Song that comes once in a Lifetime. We love
    you Forever. Blessings and Joy.
    From 1 Musician 2 2Another©. Peace.
    Rest In Harmony©.
    Venita K. Bennett-Bonaparte

• January 11, 2019 at 5:41 am

And Baby, you've got what it takes!
    Nancy Wilson could sing her as off!
    Who could play her in a movie?
    I would love to see Spike do a film starring, Nancy Wilson, Aretha Franklin, Lena Horne, and Dinah Washington!
    Who could play these women? Cleo King definitely for Aretha Franklin.

• January 11, 2019 at 5:41 am

It's always so humbling when someone passes and knowing that it will happen to all of us. It's a reminder to me that a lot of the things we concern ourselves with doesn't matter unless it's beneficial or enjoyable. We must make the most of our existences. R.I.P

• January 11, 2019 at 5:41 am

On no – another Queen gone – best jazz singer. She will be missed. Blessings to her family. R.I.P. Nancy

• January 11, 2019 at 5:41 am

Saw her in NY 30 odd years ago. She was stylish and beautiful.