Is a Whole Food Plant-Based Diet an Answer to Chronic Disease? 2017 Documentary

Is a whole food plant-based diet the answer to chronic / modern disease? Find out in this new 2017 short documentary, which features a number of doctors discussing the benefits of vegan dieting,…

46 thoughts on “Is a Whole Food Plant-Based Diet an Answer to Chronic Disease? 2017 Documentary

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

I live a plant based lifestyle, I am university trained in medical sciences and will be the first to admit this video is bullshit. Meat is not the devil. Don't be so gullible. It's the source of the meat and how you prepare it that counts. I eat a very small amount of meat from healthy sources prepared appropriately. My reasoning for reduced meat intake is for the environment. Meat is NOT the definitive marker of a healthy diet. I have had this discussion with so many misguided people who watch videos like these that misrepresent the research. If you remove processed foods of any form (plant or meat based) your health will benefit. Simply removing meat is not the answer, nor is simply adding meat to a diet.

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

This video deserves more views great intro for any skeptics

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

These Doctors are amazing they care to get people healthy

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

This may sound like a dumb question, but do boiled peanuts count as whole food plant based, particularly spicy ones?

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

“The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in the cause and prevention of disease. ~ ”

― Thomas A. Edison

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

I don't think conventional doctors want to heal people. They need you to be their lifelong customer.
    Their income depends on you to be sick. Healthy people would put doctors in the poor house.

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

Unfortunately, the pharmacy corporations, the meat,dairy and egg industries all make huge impact on physicians.
    You must fight the battle and help us as patient-consumers, to make the changes so we can reverse of our chronic diseases and be REALLY well!

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

I've learned that Beans have way more Calcium in 1 cup then in 1 cup of chicken. I was plant based for two months. I have not felt good since. But am back on it. I believe this stuff can work. I have acid reflux and I get headaches, and sinus issues. I'm hoping going Plant Based will help all this.

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

A lot people keep saying this is veganism, it's not. This diet does not promote absolute abstinence from meat and dairy. You can still eat these things, but you should minimize consumption. Though hopefully you would want to reach a point where you would not want too.

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

plant only nutrition is not healthy, period. 85% of vegans quit their diet because of health issues. Vegetarian diet though can be very healthy.

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

Been a practicing hospitalist (exclusively caring for adult patients who are hospitalized) for over 17 years…I cannot recall admitting and treating a single vegan….that is enough to turn this doc vegan and love it!!!

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

doctors do not tell the truth, cos disease is their business .

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

I am consuming a whole food plant based diet for almost 4 months now and I am so excited and so happy b/c of the many benefits I have experienced. Such as: much much improved digestion, lost 19 lbs quickly and without trying and maintaining, my handwriting is sooo much better, more energy lasting the whole day, 20 points lower in my blood sugar readings, no longer being pre-diabetic, no more foot pain. All of that with so much delicious foods. Finding new recipes all the times. Pat on my back!

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

So good to see Dr Malcolm in here! The first GP I saw in Australia that gave me a little faith in Doctor's again.

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

Transitioning is weak, just make the decision and change instantly

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

I am transitioning to a whole food plant based diet. I am trying to get rid of my hashimotos, fibromyalgia, and hypoglycemia. Does anyone know if this is possible?

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

How do you make your closest understand without sounding like a cultist? I have that problem…

Aloha Braddah!

I've been a fan of you and Haley's channel for some time. I am a whole food plant based advocate. Your body requires nutrition from whole food plants and when you are ill, more living raw fruits and vegetables, not chemicals. With the current misinformation out today, fear and confusion, unfortunately, forces patients into life-threatening procedures faster. It's a business and unfortunately, experimental drugs and revenue goals need to be met! NUTRITION is the ONLY way the body can HEAL ITSELF! Please educate yourself… follow the money and do the research, you will see. You have TIME! Don't let them force you into a procedure. Good Luck and God Bless you Will!

Is a Whole Food Plant-Based Diet The Answer to Chronic Disease? 2017 Documentary

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

Preventative medicine is not beneficial to the pockets of those in power.

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

Very well presented video. Everything the doctors said has been well supported in the research literature.

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

That is absolutely true. My wife about 10 years ago was diagnosed arthritis and she went and see specialist. During the visit she asked if she needed a change of diet and the doctor said that food won't change the situation except losing weight. And of course she started taking medicines with periodic liver tests to see if she was damaging her liver with those meds.
    Now after 5 years vegan she is off arthritis and asthma meds. That specialist knew only how to push pain management meds.

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

Average life span, and even strength, of some herbivores far outmatch the the best among carnivores.

Don't believe me! Checkout the numbers, and physical strength , of animals like Rhinos, Elephants, Tortoises vs Tigers, Lions and others

I know I am triggering a Pandora's troll box here 🙂

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

Great! Makes perfect sense to me. Been on this for a short while and building up to it fore some time. Slimmer fitter healthier and much more energy

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

Government Research Funding are granted to the certified research scientists. Not all MD candidates able to pass the certified research scientist qualification. MDs whom they conducted their research may not have to use standard procedure. Because, no government personnel will perform an audit on them. So, they can get their best for their intended results. Plant foods diet, organic foods ! Which bring the price up trifold. Good job. But, I am not persuaded. I am still relining on the US government recommendation. 2030 will be medical meltdown, be prepared.

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

Okay i am behind everyone on plants for a good life. however. the statement if you have lung problems…. no vit A.?? that doesn't sound write given the facts it helps heal the lungs. so break it down for me please.

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

You would go vegan if you watch documentary what the health, i dare you to try!

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

Everyone here looks like they are about to die. Go eat some liver and drink some milk.

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

Who stands to lose billions and what would be the domino effect if we all went Plant Based? ……………Follow the money!….. Combined, the Drug Industry is worth trillions. The damage would trickle down to the pharmacies, hospitals (who will lose big time in kick-backs), corporate media advertisements, animal, fish and milk industries. We can also include the corrupt politicians who sold their souls to these same industries (like Monsanto) when an offer was made that they could not refuse. Heart disease and nutrition that caused its reversal has been known since the early 1990's from what is known as 'The Cleveland Study'. About 20 volunteers followed a strict diet that also included, no oils, avocados and olives… I can no longer find this study on the web. I wonder why?

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

a lot o these people do not look nourished to me…

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

SAFE YOURSELF AND OTHERS.

Dairy and Meat products are not designed for human consumption.

Simple as that.

Such proteins cause acidity and inflammation within the body > The cause of all disease.

Think about it.

Doctors are not educated enough. They don't teach the importance of the lymphatic system (body's sewage system) or kidney filtration – See Dr.Morse via YouTube to learn more. He is a godsend.

Remove the toxicity – Remove the fear. Remove the lies.

Say hello to mental clarity. Say hello to natural healing. Say hello to pain-free living. Say hello to reverse aging. Say hello to a new outlook on life. Say hello to love. To hello to nature. Say hello to TRUTH!

GO VEGAN. > GO PLANT BASED > YOU WON'T REGRET IT.

IT IS SAVING MY LIFE & WILL SAVE YOURS.

period.

Peace and love.

• February 22, 2018 at 6:09 am

its basic human lodgic PLANTS ARE GOOD if somebody doesn't understand that then they are possibly brain damaged… not surprising with all the heavy metals in the water and air through chemtrails haha… and the educational system dumbing down the population. EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!!! BE YOUR OWN LEADER!!!! TAKE THE POWER BACK!!!! in Jesus name amen… its that or being illuminati puppet.. healthy food healthy body's better thinking smarter people.. witch leads to critical thinkers … I'm sure the government wants that 😉