Ida B Wells: The Story of America’s First Black Female Investigative Journalist

In part one of our series celebrating her 155th birthday, the great grandson of Wells tells the story of how the pioneering reporter risked her life to report on …

21 thoughts on “Ida B Wells: The Story of America’s First Black Female Investigative Journalist

• January 10, 2019 at 1:39 am

Youtube is hiding part 2 of this interview…or you all keep part 2 at your website so people are forced to go there…

• January 10, 2019 at 1:39 am

I am who I am in achieving the American Dream because of Ida B. Wells. Because of her I am one step closer respecting others and demanding respect.

• January 10, 2019 at 1:39 am

great interview going to go to TRN's website to finish it. yes Ida was one of the first muckrakers on top of that, and what disservice that I thought I knew everything about the civil rights movement but really it was her and Emmet Till's murder that helped unleash it. great stuff Real News keep up the brilliant work, if your hiring please let me know LOL and if I ever find myself in Baltimore I'll be sure to check out this new restaurant of yours 🙂 lastly Taya looking very beautiful 🙂 and what happened to Kim Brown is she no longer working at TRN?

• January 10, 2019 at 1:39 am

I'm loving Real News. Interesting stuff. Someone should write a Broadway Musical, "Ida B. Wells at the Chicago World's Fair". What a Hero. Shero. Best wishes to the Family!

• January 10, 2019 at 1:39 am

here I am at my age just now I'm learning about this lady with amazing amazing strong black queen that carry the weight for all of us

• January 10, 2019 at 1:39 am

The IQ gap between Europeans and Sub Saharan Africans is what explains black failure in the US.

• January 10, 2019 at 1:39 am

Correction….Beautiful, FEARLESS, Uncompromising, Black Woman.

• January 10, 2019 at 1:39 am

Thanks for this interesting bit of history. The Real News is the best!

• January 10, 2019 at 1:39 am

As brief as this interview was, this was good and important information. Thank you.
    One more thing I would appreciate is to have the name(s) of those interviewed be included in the show notes.

• January 10, 2019 at 1:39 am

awesome. today's press can take some notes from her…