I think I just saw Black Wall Street, and it wasn’t what you think

The Dr Boyce Watkins Channel is an all-black news and commentary channel that features a number of African American thinkers, commentators and speakers.

38 thoughts on “I think I just saw Black Wall Street, and it wasn’t what you think

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Salute Dr. and brother Boyce. I wholeheartedly support what you are doing for our people. It is a great move.
    I will only add to your suggestions that you ought to reach out to the black Muslims too. There are lots of them in the US.
    Cheers,

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Dr. Boyce, "My mind's on money, and money's on my mind!" as the song goes, can be your motto, as well as, "The Business Man!" Great advice, work your mentored, so he/she won't play you, and waste your time.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

75th street in Chicago is a BLACK WALL STREET. All Day, Everyday.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

I hear you Boyce. I wouldn't be wasting time with folks who ain't doing shit and don't want nothing either.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Dr. Watkins, thanks for sharing your knowledge. I wanted to say that I have found something related to stock market investments I believe is worth a moment of your time.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Dr. Watkins, I’ve been doing that for 5yrs now! Been trying to get your attention & make you aware of the #sheevent

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

I just need a couple of ideas to start up a business! I don't know where to start…

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

People who do recreational drugs always making excuses how cool it is. I have zero associates or friends who do drugs.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Dr. Watkins, television is not what it use to be. There were more educational shows aired back in the 70's and 80' s than there are today. I catch the local news for about 30 minutes and that's it. The rest of the evening is dedicated to learning music theory, wealth and preparing for the next business day.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

That is why when so many black people from the Caribbean, or Africa come here and say African American are lazy that is why they say it. Because they work very hard for everything they need and want living in the Caribbean. It is not accurate I understand. There is levels to this thing. Lazy in the Caribbean is different. Plus another idea that black people from the Caribbean are not revolutionary once they land in America is not true.

Talk to Cameron and Gucci Mane about their entrepreneurship

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Dr. Boyce I like the point you made about about men and young girls. I would often here my mother and grandmother say a single woman with girls should never marry again, until her daughters are adults and out of the house.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Boyce some of your videos are click bait. You need to do better topics and current events. You need to grab attention better.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Liquor ain't nothing but excuse juice. One bad choice can fuck up your whole life forever.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

In Chicago down 75th street, its full of black owned businesses and several black restaurateurs in Chicago, have formed The I Love Food Group, a network of black owned restaurants that support each other. So we got group economics going Boyce.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

I think the value of your currency relative to those of other nations affects your import, export potential ?

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

My friend's mosque and my church already do what you are speaking of. My church does this every few months and has a group for entrepreneurs to help them learn about and grow their businesses. It is also open to those who don't have a business but would like to own one. I'm glad you have a more comprehensive vision of the potential for our people to build in many different ways.
    Working in the social services I'm completely anti-drug. People can do better without drugs period.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Sounds like Haiti. In Haiti you have to be creative to survive. I absolutely loved seeing all the black owned businesses, market stalls, and street vendors. Many women selling goods from their homes.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Love watching your YouTube channel. You're always speaking truth. You're always empowering your people. I love that you have set up the black business school in order that your people can learn about finances from a black people's perspective.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Ninety years in prison for touching a minor. Men have gotten less time for having sex with minors.

• June 18, 2019 at 9:50 pm

ANOTHER GREAT VIDEO. Thank you, Dr. B. I know that there are successful black communities; we just need to promote these places a bit more. Awareness is greatness.