Over the past 20 years, Franco Loja and Arjan Roskam, known as the “Kings of Cannabis,” have made millions of dollars scouring the world for unique strains of …

28 thoughts on “Hunting For A Rare Congolese Weed Strain With “The Kings of Cannabis” | VICE on HBO

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

VICE News met up with the “Kings of Cannabis” for a trip to the Democratic Republic of the Congo to hunt for one of the rarest species of Cannabis yet, the original Congolese landrace.

WATCH NEXT: This Is What An Ivory Bust In New York City Looks Like – http://bit.ly/2uKZI8K

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

People complaining about how white man exploit africa. Those dudes went through a dangerous journey to get these seeds. Africans have it for years and never sold them, so… what are the white man doing wrong? Not sharing their profits with who never tought about this? Mc Donalds should pay billions to the people they got their meat genetics from then (any fucking example fits here). Just because its from Africa we have this talk about exploiting

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

you 'think' youre getting 'blessed' but you 'might' be getting 'cursed'…..

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

I got my Citrus Sunshine Haze tested- 38.9% THC + it is a high V strain, I need work, willing to move, hit me up at cerealkillergenetics@mail.com. Green House(and world) my name is Shaman Stinky Steve and I am creating fire, 76 strains now ready to bring to the table. I made the worlds best pain reliever in the Phantom Arrow strain and it is a must try. Much love-ShamanStinkySteve. P.S. Very sorry to see Franco go, he was a soldier in the war for legalization, a purveyor of truth and lover of cannabis. His contributions to cannabis culture and gene pool will live on forever in infamy.

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

The irony is beyond mind boggling. They find a strain that stops hunger in the place of the world that is the most undernourished.

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

Show up to Africa with a load of cash and try an compensate the population for something like that and let me know how it works out . They made one mans trash into treasure and had to work for it. RIP

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

Who ever denies this is exploitation needs a reality check. Had it been a country with proper laws they'd have to pay royalties. He even starts with a 50 dollars and tells him to buy goats smh.

These fuckers are just as greedy as those corporations taking Congo's resources for next to nothing.

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

ViceNews, what do I have to do to get a job with ViceNews ?

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

Its alll there in Africa, pity Africans are not educated enough to use any of their resources to make money….but they sure are full of hate for every other nation that is successful even though they are going to these nations in their droves to make them the shit holes they came from.

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

I like the skinny guy. When I hold a seed in my hand I see, … Thousands of people getting high. Update: I just found out he died from malaria in Congo. Rip.

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

Now it's THCV… Lol come on.. This is marketing at its finest… Durban strains have the highest THCV.. Its a natural insecticide which makes the resin very sticky to trap bugs. RIP Franc.. Had some good conversations with him.. Goodluck Simon ;).. RIP Brett "Bong" Christianson.. Arjan is the only one looking healthy!

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

I don't give a damn if somebody spits on me I'm going to smack the piss out of them I don't care what the Traditions !

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

Thieves. Kick them out the country.

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

Gimme a job, I will go any where,

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

Oh no! Bugs in the boat!! Run away!! I'm VERY glad our 'host' went through this.

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

If someone spit on me I'm knocking them teeth out or stab them with a fork!

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

Well Arjan with your money why not rent a helicopter?

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

What's this disgusting glorified neo-colonialism shit? Exploiting resources and the reporter rided an African man across a puddle like the good ol day aye? Vice is just part of the imperialist media network reinvented.

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

im pretty sure there is the holy grail plant somewhere that has super effects.

• September 5, 2018 at 8:51 am

Dead after all, god works in misterious ways