How fashion designers make people go broke

The Dr Boyce Watkins Channel is an all-black news and commentary channel that features a number of African American thinkers, commentators and speakers. The views of each video are not necessarily…

21 thoughts on “How fashion designers make people go broke

• May 27, 2018 at 9:53 pm

My wife and her friends are highly educated MD’s. One of her friends who’s a infectious disease doctor purchased some $500.00 jeans and too me they look like Walmart jeans. I forget the brand name but that’s ridiculous. She’s a military doctor living down south. So we went to her home to pick her up for a frankly Beverly concert in Atlanta GA. So we went into her home and it was literally hundreds of thousands of designer purses and clothes that cost thousands of dollars and she drives a vehicle I will not name with HATERZS on the license plate.
    Some of our people are mindless consumers.
    They live to serve and to purchase stuff because of insecurities.
    It’s almost like a mental sickness. Just observe them?

• May 27, 2018 at 9:53 pm

I was 18 and knew then as I know now that chasing fashion brands is stupid!

• May 27, 2018 at 9:53 pm

Please don't be fooled into thinking that 18 year olds would rock this outfit because my son and his friends wear our old school clothing. They like how we dressed in the 80s and 90s. That outfit is tore up and nobody is going to be convinced that it's something to wear.

• May 27, 2018 at 9:53 pm

for the same amount of money , you can start a Limited Liability Company, have capital for marketing, and still have money left over to do whatever

• May 27, 2018 at 9:53 pm

How can you be a young man and come out the door dressed like that I am not saying you have to wear a suit everyday but come on that's ridiculous.

• May 27, 2018 at 9:53 pm

Don't have life insurance, car insurance, home or renter insurance, Emergency fund, 401's, saving account, check book, so sad. White Designer children don't wear this type of clothing, they wear vintage clothing, they decorate with vintage and antique furniture.

• May 27, 2018 at 9:53 pm

If women don't like it, They shouldn't date the men that dress that way. Nothing wrong with having some expectations

• May 27, 2018 at 9:53 pm

It's only a Ponzi scheme if ur dumb enough to fall for it…

• May 27, 2018 at 9:53 pm

Cooniform…Doc you're right and I'm going to use that phrase the next time I talk about this.

• May 27, 2018 at 9:53 pm

The sad thing is no matter how much talking we do, there is a very large group of our people who are stuck and they are and will go broke on buying these clothes/shoes. I google "THE GREATEST MUMBLE RAP SONGS" because I had no clue what mumble rap is. These are the very people who will spend their hard earned money on this fashion. Many of us have become conscious, but it is far too many that we seem to have lost. Just too many of us will be left behind for generations to come. I wish I knew how to fix it.