Dr Boyce Watkins: When black men and women attack each other, everybody loses

The Dr Boyce Watkins Channel is an all-black news and commentary channel that features a number of African American thinkers, commentators and speakers.

Install this web app on your Android: Tap menu, more options, and then Add Shortcut To Homescreen.×

18 thoughts on “Dr Boyce Watkins: When black men and women attack each other, everybody loses

• December 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Thank you Dr. Boyce you know what time it is, ain't nothing changed but the weather! Keep informing us and empowering us brother! Truth always smashes the brains out of falsehood! May God bless you!

Thank you for articulating the Truth so poignantly! Peace, Love & Truth Always

• December 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

These so-called Black woman who speak out against Black people who try to empower our people's upliftment work & speak for crakkkas because they want and feel the need to be accepted by the savage who doesn't like them so they try really hard to be loved like a bad marriage, they are pitiful. So Dr. Boyce keep up the good work.

• December 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Feminism should be held up to the light because it's not for our sistas, it's for white women in terms of purpose and politics. That is their fight. When they make way more money than our sistas, don't think it's just white men making it so cuz it's not. It's white women making it so too. Historically, we've left out the white woman's role in white supremacy and often romanticized in movies/tv. While they'll never give up their position as a supportive wife because it's so they can prosper. Anyways, let's promote us the healthy way and keep the good fight/work up.

• December 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

I've noticed recently that some Asian hair stores are now open on their usual off day (Sunday) plus some stay open a little longer sometimes. I've noticed when I randomly have to be there, the customer service has changed…more interactive. I believe this is due to the shift of a) online places giving more options b) natural hair transitions and c) some girls who are vegan/natural hair usually make their own stuff with herbs/oils/water. I love it fam, shut them down. No disrespect but they don't have no love for us or our community. Now if they are in a neutral area, that's different but they are usually in the hood or urban areas.

• December 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

The thing about not hiring black males even when they do hire a black female, 95% of the time 1) she's in a supportive role only cuz racism or 2) not treated nearly the same as her white female coworkers, 3) has to coon it up to stay alive, and 4) is surely paid less. IF she's in a mgmt position, she passed the white supremacy criteria consistently over time plus was able to get into the so-called "in crowd" and got lucky cuz someone else less qualified didn't quite want/fit the promotion when it was thrown in their lap. It's no cake walk for our ladies, guys at these white azz spaces.

• December 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

KKK got a reality T.V. show called Generation KKK…Google it!!!!!

• December 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Tell em Dr B! No negativity! There is no place for black women in the feminist movement. You are correct white women don't care about black women they just want our numbers to add to the movement that belongs to them. Love u 2 Dr B! Black women & Black men love on each other! Stop the divisiveness!

• December 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

I honestly never understood women that spend so much on vanity. My mom never taught me that. So I never did that. I was always a basic girl. LOL and my husband loves me for it, because he is into basketball shoes big time LOL. But as our relationship progressing he is starting to be less basketball shoe crazy lol.

• December 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

I wonder if white women will still love me after Trump takes office?

• December 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

I love you to big bro Dr Watkins! the emotions you felt at the end of this video, I felt like that just last night! for 4 years I've been trying to get my Township of Irvington Nj to implement a form of a peddling license! every business doesn't need to be brick and mortar! they have a false ordinance on the Irvington code books that clearly states I have a right to obtain a peddling license, but the township says otherwise! I'm a lifelong disc jockey with a degree in audio engineering! I'm registered as a business in the state of nj and I have a tax ID !
    so the only thing that's holding me back is the peddling license! I want to sue my Township, but I don't wanna hurt my Township either, but definitely at a breaking point because of the harassment from the police ( I do the same thing as Alton sterling #rip) the citations, court, etc along with back and fourth dialog with two mayoral administration's!

so I understand the pain and suffering of the emotions!
    so stay up cause your definitely are not alone!
    peace
    @djsegwon

• December 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

We appreciate you Dr. Watkins. Obviously, those women who came to your page like that, did not know you or what you have done and continue to do for our community. They are so accustomed to being treated badly by ignorant black men. Therefore, when a strong, highly intelligent black man like you comes along with sound advice, they can't tell the difference.

• December 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

This is sad. This man gives away all of this good info for FREE and this is the thanks he gets. I hope there were bw on his fb page to come to his defense.

• December 20, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Love you Dr Boyce and I have learned a lot from you !! I feel your pain !! Stay Strong and Be Encouraged !! King Black Man!!