‘Black Panther’ And The Cultural Impact Hollywood Can’t Deny

Actress Angela Bassett discusses the success of “Black Panther” and why representation in Hollywood matters. Winston Duke tells Ari Melber the brilliance of the Black Panther movie is…

24 thoughts on “‘Black Panther’ And The Cultural Impact Hollywood Can’t Deny

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

…..yeah yet i still havent seen a movie for asian american lead in a hollywood triple A production

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

We won in 1992. 8yrs before the Sun Cycle Era. Elijah Muhammad was trying to build a Wakanda. Baaa'h Baaa'h Yaanuwn created Wakanda (Called Tamare/Wahanee) in 1992

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

Why do we always have to include other races why can we just feel proud we have black super hero film

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

How dare movies show Black people as advanced, sophisticated! …sigh.. I can visualize every alt-right head exploding, understand why they may now begin a backlash and pity their fear and lack of vision for a future where we are all part of a greater family. I went to this movie. Going in I saw an older black couple in line just behind me. They were quiet, perhaps even dour. After the movie I happened to be following them out. The wife was almost skipping. "That made me feel like a kid again". Beautiful. As a white person living in this blue collar, neighborhood, I felt hope. There will be a day where black and white will be as significant a consideration in our interactions as blonde and brunette. May your life be a thousand times better than mine, and may mine be great.

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

Is this movie a Documentry? Or is it based on a comic book and releasd by Disney to make money off of a new money market?

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

Whites are going to get worse now they hate to see Blacks strong and happy. Example: Black Wall street in Oklahoma and Rosewood in Florida

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

Why are Blacks surprised that we can shine like this we are not different from any other race. It's white issues that they can't deal with us as equal. I found that out in college i knew some dumbass whites and dumbass blacks, what's going on is the media paint us as a bad race and they are the superior race. Proof is the opioid crisis that is worse than the crack epidemic, then we were criminals, and why didn't they just say no and they were incarcerated now whites are fucked, it's a sickness why didn't they just say no, it's not a sickness they are weak minded drug addicts

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

Really you people are fussing over a movie a movie!!! About some dusty Africans. Sorry to tell yea!! the blks here in America are not Africans. Hell Blade 1 was off the chain. Anyway not all us blk men don't co-sign any movie with a cast of blk people who deal with Africans. I can't stand them they sold us to the white man and you see what he has done. Also blk woman has sold the blk man out in this nation. She is the white man's concubine. Only thugs boot leg preacher's or a man five to ten years younger then her. she wants some one she can control. This movie is fiction will get one out of reality for a while. people enjoy.

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

Alt right trolls in the building! lol don't argue with them just thumbs down!

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

This movie was the way we should be. This is were we came from and the way we will in time return
    We were and still are king and queen, from birth. We have built cities befor OKLAHOMA BLACK WALL STREET. Stay time and see what's next

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

Thanks for posting. Finally….we are getting to the point of discussing the movie

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

Name the black studio or group of people that had the Money to put this movie out and why didn’t they do it?
    It’s the opportunity to shine that counts the most here
    Disney marvel,the white man is still rich with or without this movie,it’s business.somebody makes money off of somebody.
    Now go make part 2 and run it out your own dam studio and quit your bitching.

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

I like the movie a lot. But I am struggling with this narrative that we needed this movie for some type of black self-esteem. I already had black self-esteem. I did not need a Black Panther movie which is based on a character and comic book created by two white men. I enjoy the movie but I am not enjoying how much credit they giving this movie to the greatness and unity of black people. Clearly we have a lot more work to do if we need Disney to do this for us.

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

Great Movie! But I dont think we should be emotional over this …..
    Or wait for or depend on Hollywood for postive images.

• May 24, 2018 at 11:48 pm

What?! Hey Jamill, y'all killed the African American! What are you talking about?