Are Human Rights Real? | Natural vs. Legal & Positive vs. Negative

What are human rights? Are they universal? This video compares the definition of natural vs. legal rights, and positive vs. negative rights. Locke’s Second …

20 thoughts on “Are Human Rights Real? | Natural vs. Legal & Positive vs. Negative

• June 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Natural rights is real. Human rights does not, it's a fantasy, is not possible.

• June 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

"You'll have to give me my freedom or else I'll take yours."
    – Nature.

• June 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

By the way, Saudi Arabia provides free health care, but if you want to quit following Islam you'll be beheaded. (- signed: FORMER resident of Saudi Arabia)

• June 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Wow! What a superb presentation! You might want to recite John Locke a bit more slowly, though. Seventeenth-century English is rather different from current daily conversational language. Great to read the citations, but give folks a little more time to absorb the convoluted syntax. Of course, we can also just hit "replay."

• June 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

If something can be taken away, it's not actually a right. It's a privilege.

• June 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

I am taking Human Rights and Justice in Social Work. This was of great help. Thank you! =)

• June 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Dear Roaming, what you're saying is true, but things are never that simple. if you were born in a poor family and you or your sibling had a disease that could be easily treated with some medicine…would you want yourself or somebody dear to you get the medicine or help and let others pay for it or would you still think: 'too bad, I hope I'm dealt better cards in next life and born in a rich family'? this is not a provocation. I like your opinions, but there is always a 'but' when it comes to complex issues like this one.

• June 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

You won't convince any anarchists with that ideologically motivated argumentation. The only 'laws' that exists are the universal ones that actually restrict and are objective, rather then inter-subjective. Everything else is artifically created by the collective, or protected by force

• June 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

I really enjoyed how detailed and well you explained natural law! Frederic Bastiat is also a great source to go to on explaining natural right in his book "The Law". He does a good job of explaining it to the common man just like you have done here. Awesome job, I really enjoyed your video!

• June 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

I like your videos, and you seem knowledgeable, but this argument is not really convincing, especially to anyone who has explored moral nihilism. You're basically just asserting that being a rational being = you have natural rights, without actually explaining the connection, and stating that governments "lose legitimacy" when they neglect to upload these rights, which means… I don't know.

• June 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Human rights are the rights afforded to every human-being the number one is choice you can choose who you are and the God the father will judge you for your choices for an eternity what’s worse is for the people who tried to intervene with that process will suffer a much worse eternity for ruling against Gods will for all Gods children This is the definition of intervention in defiance of God you pay for the souls that you lost and your belief is in consequential to another human being

• June 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Some of the quotes in this are difficult to follow, but overall this video deserves a ❤️. Well said, thank you.

• June 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm

I used to be a Buzzfeed leftist. I grew up with Conservative parents, so I guess that was my rebellion? When I came back to the right, I was very far right, listening and soaking in every word people like Steven Crowder said, even when what he said was inaccurate. I’ve now settled a little bit, and I’ve figured out that Roaming is the closest to what I believe. Additionally, Roaming explains things MUCH clearer than anyone I’ve ever listened to.