Airborne Rangers or College or ROTC

Go Airborne kid. College and the officer’s club can wait. Asshole Consulting: http://www.assholeconsulting.com Podcast: https://soundcloud.com/aaron-clarey/ …

16 thoughts on “Airborne Rangers or College or ROTC

• November 6, 2019 at 7:12 am

WTF is this? I suggest a person go talk to both a Army enlisted SM and a Army officer SM… normally they will tell you the truth. Good luck.

• November 6, 2019 at 7:12 am

The question asker is correct, the officer route is less interesting than enlisted. Enlist, do the physical stuff while you're young, then do ROTC or OCS as other commentators have said. Or something else, if you don't like it, with your GI Bill. More optionality if you enlist first. Also, you don't pick your branch as an officer.
    – Former Officer

• November 6, 2019 at 7:12 am

Clarey can you do a video on environmental science and what role plays in the ever evolving stem field?

• November 6, 2019 at 7:12 am

I dont think Cappy really knows what he's talking about here. If you get a 11x option 40 contract and wipe out in RASP, you become the needs of the army. This includes Cooks and any other shitty job nobody wants to do. Go ROTC, get a degree, and then think about it.

• November 6, 2019 at 7:12 am

Airborne is hard as hell on the body, we had guys breaking their necks on jumps where I was stationed at in Germany. That, and there’s apparently female rangers now? Fuck that, go non-combat if that’s even worthwhile. Officers are Freemasons by large, unless you join that club, you’ll never move up the ladder in promotions.Get in a trade. Opportunities are a lot better now than when I joined in 2009.

• November 6, 2019 at 7:12 am

Of course the recruiter is going to tell you to go enlisted. Lol xD

• November 6, 2019 at 7:12 am

Enlist four years. Get the GI Bill. Go to school while enlisted. Join ROTC while in college. Get the ROTC scholarship when GI Bill runs out then commission as a 1LT. Takes 6 or 7 years if you do it right.

• November 6, 2019 at 7:12 am

I enlisted with a 11x contract. Although this was 1990 and I was a kid I was just looking to scratch the itch and go play army. I did it was fun it was very challenging and although I got a medical discharge for blowing my shoulder out in just under two years, I don’t regret doing it.

That said if I were going to have a career in the military it would be some kind of technical career like IT or cyber security where they pay for your education that’s worth six figures after about six years should you want to get out or go to the officer route. Although I will say in today’s PCSJW one military those kinds of career field could be dangerous for an alpha type man. Also there’s the issue that I’ve never met a Ranger who was the type of guy who could ever do a POG type of career field it’s just a different kind of a man. So the great thing about the Ranger Regiment is that you very rarely ever have to deal with any women anywhere so if you want to go play army and have some fun deploy and do some dangerous real world shit nowadays go do it while you’re young.

• November 6, 2019 at 7:12 am

You don't just apply for ranger school and become an Army ranger most don't make it. Spec Ops is extremely selective. College should be as well. Non STEM degrees are easy but STEM degrees weed out the stupid. In Europe only smart people go to college.

• November 6, 2019 at 7:12 am

Someone fed him a line. Never enlist unless you absolutely have to. ROTC/OCS only. From someone that enlisted. Better yet finish your degree.

• November 6, 2019 at 7:12 am

Being an Airborne Ranger is something anyone to look forward to. First of all you're not going to get fed as much as all the other soldiers because they're training you to get used to using your body while starved basically. The Airborne Rangers that I saw Fort Benning we're midgets, but not naturally, but from their training. That badass Cadence about Rangers and stuff It's just a way to trick you into f**** yourself. Airborne Rangers do not lead the way

• November 6, 2019 at 7:12 am

Commission from the ranks (Canadian). If you don't, no one gives a shit about you. I did the latter. Do NOT!! become a fucking officer. The CSM and RSM are way more alpha than an junior officer. Being connected with the troops is far more fulfilling.

• November 6, 2019 at 7:12 am

None of the above. Trade school is the answer.