5 Reasons Student Loans are Bulls**t | Decoded | MTV News

Franchesca Ramsey: https://twitter.com/chescaleigh Brought to you with love by: http://mtvother.com Produced by: http://www.kornhaberbrown.com Student …

Install this web app on your Android: Tap menu, more options, and then Add Shortcut To Homescreen.×

21 thoughts on “5 Reasons Student Loans are Bulls**t | Decoded | MTV News

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

You borrowed the money, and now don't want to pay it back….ah America. Fucking sad.

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

Poke. I solved this by going to Europe! Yearly tutition? 3800$ (1800$ of which are housing costs). No kidding. Ok, places like Oxford are expensive, but choose any smaller place, it's still cheaper…

I just worry about food and toiletries and clothes and whatnot.

Good luck, guys.

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

Interesting how the people complaining about student loans are never engineers.

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

If you can't pay for college, don't go. Students agreed to pay the loans, then pay them back. I did. You are just sticking it to everyone else if you do not pay.

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

so who do you want to pay for these schools for everyone to go to

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

Franchesca Ramsey is a stupid slut!

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

My loan was small but I still can't pay it cause I'm on State-level Disability. Once I get approved for SSI I want to set up payments and finish my degree online. I have 65 credits towards my AA degree all on grants but rising costs meant I had to take out a loan just to be able to cover tuition, books, other supplies and transportation to and from school. When I was forced to drop out due to my disability I defaulted on my loan cause I have no income. Here it is almost 4 years later, my loan is only around 2K. I'm actually glad I dropped before taking out even more loans cause 2K is easily paid off on Federal Disability. I go to community college it's cheaper than a University and a lot of my instructors actually work at UW so it's the same stuff they teach there but in a more comfortable setting with smaller classrooms. I knew many of them personally and they all pretty much told me that they prefer teaching smaller classes cause they have more control that way. The success rate among their Community College students is much higher as well. Basically, save yourself some money, enjoy higher success and help an Instructor out by going to Community College. Or you can take their same courses at a "prestigious" school and pay 10 times as much for a worse education. Your choice lol.

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

totally dude. nobody should have to think about making sure that the degree they are pursuing is a sound investment when they consider it's cost. if somebody wants to spend 8 years getting a PhD in lesbian dance theory they should not be held accountable for their own financial decisions, and the fact that these mean lenders are expecting people to pay them back even though their degree in underwater transgender hat design doesn't have any effect on their income potential is terrible. the government should make sure that everybody has the exact same income despite how useful they are. as a matter of fact they should ban the private ownership of property too, so that dean doesn't have a boat or a Lexus while students are struggling to pay for their degrees in man spread identification and racism detection. if he tries to keep the boat we will have to make a place to lock him up….hmmm what to call this place?….I got it! we will call it a "gulag". that's a fun word.

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

"pay for this bullshit" When she says bullshit, she means the education she chose to go into debt for. Nothing wrong with taking out a student loan, but if you really think it's for "bullshit" why are you going to college?

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

This is one of the very few (in this series of Franchesca's videos) where there are more likes than dislikes. Because this is a topic that actually affects whites too. It just highlights their apathy to the plight of others.

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

This bitch is going to europe to complete college/univeristy after highschool.

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

Thank God it's not about race for once!!!

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

People need to go after degrees that actually get them jobs where they can pay off their loans, be productive members of society. The real epidemic is the number of prople getting into debt for useless degrees that will never allow them to pay off their loans. it is UP TO YOUNG PEOPLE to research this before going to school and not feel entitled to get a useless degree because thry feel it's their right. We need more people in science, engineering, law, medicine and trades. These people have no problem paying off their loans.

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

I think it's funny how you need to be 21 to drink, but letting a 17 year old withdraw a 40,000 dollar loan before graduation is totally acceptable.

• February 8, 2017 at 12:39 am

I was the only person in my entire class who thought college was a bad idea. mostly because the degrees were so vague , the statistics seemed fishy and made up, and the useless gen ed classes i had to take to rack up more debt. I wish i skipped college, and high school too. the american education system is bullshit. nobody is paying back their loans and shouldn't because the american dollar is already worthless anyway. it's better just to default so they will stop calling you and bothering you. so they can just garnish your wages and leave you the fuck alone.